Sysprep try to log on the domain...

ShrimpBoy

Hi!

I did a disk image like I did many times before, but this one is different...

It work as well as needed in the sysprep part, it discovers the hardware and add the computer to the domain...

Then when it boot for the first time, it is supposed to boot on the local computer with the administrator account... but, for an unknown reason, it try to boot with the administrator user on the domain instead of the local computer...

I opened my disk image using Ghost explorer and grab the software registry hive, load it on my windows XP and check the winlogon keys...

Nothing has been set like defaultdomain or autoadminlogon, so I wonder where it takes the domain name?

How can I solve this since all my automated process is stoped by this required human intervention???

Thanks!

ShrimpyOne

Tell us more! If I understand ya, you have a sysprep image that joins a domain during mini-setup, but then reboots and logs on locally with admin rights? I assume this is to install all the extra software and not have to worry about domain user rights...at least that's what I want it for!

Now you say it was GPO...is this in the AD Server then? I don't remember setting that, but maybe it's a default that I need to disable.

Also, do you have it to where when it's all done it goes back to domain login? I figure really all you would need to do is select the domain from the list...but is there a way to change the domain to default?

Ok!

Let's talk about it...

I am on an active directory, and when I create a new computer with a syspreped disk image, after the sysprep process (hardware detect, join domain), the computer run something (from section [GuiRunOnce] of sysprep.inf) as administrator...

My problem was that the admin guy had force a registry to write the domain name as the default domain name to prevent error from dummy people...

So at the computer first boot, it applies Group Policies, so it change the default domain name for the computer name to the domain name and the computer cannot log on automatically with the credential supplied and failed...

Have a nice understanding...

ShrimpyOne