New System

hankjrfan00

I am getting ready to build myself a new system and I thought that I would get everyones opinions and thoughts. My plans are:

AMD Athon 64 X2 3800+ link

Thermaltake Tusami Case link

Thermaltake 550w PSU link

Thermaltake Tower112 CPU heatsink link with 2 of these fans link

Diablotek NVIDIA GeForce 6600 link

2x Seagate Barracuda 160gb in raid 0 link

2gb of probably this ram link (depends on whether or not motherboard supports it.)

The one thing I cannot decide on is the motherboard. I know I want to go with a nforce 4 sli or nforce 4 ultra but I cannot decide which board yet. I am also sure that I will never use 2 video cards but the sli motherboards seem to have more features so I will probably go sli. Right now my number one choice is Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi

Your thoughts opinions or whatever will be appreciated.

now listen to everything i tell u and dont argue-i also need to know how much money you can spend on this, and also plan on getting almost every part from newegg

mobo:dfi nf4 sli-dr

cpu:X2 3800

hdd:2x160 hitachi(or WD if u want) sataII in raid 0

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

vidcard:evga 6600gt

heatsink:thermalright xp-90

psu:ocz powerstream 520 or 600

case:that a good case

if u dont even plan on going sli then save money and get the dfi nf4 ultra mobo, has just as many great features as the sli does

for the ram, if u cant afford that then just get 1gb for now and another later, but that is some high quality ram for being 2gigs

Edited by ripken204

now listen to everything i tell u and dont argue-i also need to know how much money you can spend on this, and also plan on getting almost every part from newegg

mobo:dfi nf4 sli-dr

cpu:X2 3800

hdd:2x160 hitachi(or WD if u want) sataII in raid 0

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

vidcard:evga 6600gt

heatsink:thermalright xp-90

psu:ocz powerstream 520 or 600

case:that a good case

if u dont even plan on going sli then save money and get the dfi nf4 ultra mobo, has just as many great features as the sli does

for the ram, if u cant afford that then just get 1gb for now and another later, but that is some high quality ram for being 2gigs

I will definatly take every thing you have said into consideration. I will probably use the psu you have suggested.

I have heard great things about and read good reviews about nforce 4 line of dfi boards. I was already considering one of there boards as well. I guess the only thing holding me back from dfi is the fact that I have never owned one of there boards. I may also use hitachi hds.

I will probably stick with Geil ram. I have used that brand for a while and it has great performance and is quite overclockable.

I will probably stick with the cpu cooler I want too. I have just heard too many good things about it not too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

well if u want rly good overclocking ram then that ocz is good, plus it will run in t1 and not in t2 like that 4x512 geil would. for that heatsink, im pretty sure that it is a little better than the xp-90/120 but its also 3x the size/weight. many mobos have been broken because of its weight. so i would highly recommend the xp-90/120 or the new zalman 9500, unless you have ur mobo laying horizontaly.