new True Image 9 Rescue Media

aladdin1001

Has anybody managed to extract the boot image of this latest version?

i've tried using UltraISO as i do with all other bootable disks but it's coming up with an error everytime. :unsure:

has anyone else experienced this odd problem with the new release

regards

You should try to build a Floppy Image:

1) Start Acronis Media Builder and insert your first empty floppy. Let the media builder finish the first diskette and copy the files from the floppy drive to a temporary folder named SOURCE. The thing you will notice is that Windows still have those files in memory so there is no actual reading of the floppy! Ultra reliable and fast!

2) Do the same for the rest of the floppy required for your Acronis product.

3) Use EasyBoot to create a floppy image of the FIRST diskette

4) Use EasyBoot to create a floppy image to the size required by the number of diskettes and use the floppy image you created at step 3 as the SEED image.

5) Open this new oversized floppy image (empty) with WinImage

6) use the INJECT option and add all the files from the SOURCE folder

7) save

8) Now you can run this .IMG with your Favorite MultiBoot application

*** EDIT ***

The next release of UltraISO will support this newest version... so you'll be able to extract just like before

Edited by Incroyable HULK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna bump this since I haven't found a working solution yet...

I've been trying to add Acronis True Image to my Multi-boot CD, but no luck. I did it pretty much as Incroyable HULK mentioned in his last post here.

1) Create Bootable Rescue Media.

2) Created ISO of Bootable Rescue Media using UltraISO.

3) Extracted the boot sector (Bootable->Save Boot File) and saved it as ACRO.DAT.

4) Copied Recovery Manager folder to root of AIO-CD

5) Copied ACRO.DAT to root of AIO-CD

6) Added the following lines to my CD-shell:

[b]print "4)   Acronis True Image Recovery \n"[/b]
[b]if $lastKey == key[4]; then chain /ACRO.DAT[/b]

7) Created ISO using CDImage using the following command (from batch file):

cdimage.exe -lAIO -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -bG:\AIO\BOOT\loader.bin -h -n -o -m G:\AIO G:\AIO.iso

When I go to boot from the Acronis Option, I get an error that the boot failed. Any ideas?

This method has worked with every bootable Acronis product developed so far.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=143635

If yiou want to be able to install Recovery Zone, make sure to copy the 'Recover Manager' folder from the acronis cd to the root of your multiboot distro. Additionaly, the compilation must include joilet support else TI v8 & up will not be able to see the 'Recovery Manager' folder.

If you need cdshell 2.0.11 and bcdw 1.5z....just pm me with your email.

This offer extends to everybody who needs a copy :thumbup `

Ok... I've followed that guide, but I still get an error when I try to boot from the Acronis Loader.

I've placed bcdw.csm in the \BOOT\Modules folder, and edited my cdshell.ini to contain the following two lines in their appropriate places:

print "4) Acronis True Image \n"

if $lastKey == key[4]; then bcdw /BOOT/Acronis/TruImg.WBT

Screenshot

That screenshot is after I've pressed "4".

I'm using the latest version of CDShell (2.1.6 I believe) and the latest BCDW as well. Any ideas?

BCDW plug in only works w/ cdshell 2.0.11 as the most recent version (there is nothing grand in the more recent versions of cdshell anyways unless you are pretty advanced with it). PM you email for a copy of both bcdw and cdshell that work together.

Also, i noticed you have a syntax error with regards to the date as you can see in the upper right corner of that screenshot.

cdshell 2.0.11 works with BCDW v1.5z

cdshell 2.1.x works with BCDW v2.0a with differ. syntax(add /boot in cmdline ...)

the cd-image of TI9 is much bigger(60MB) than the floppy-images(safe mode 6MB, full mode 12MB). So the floppy-image is better for integration of many programs.

Besides the obvious question...why would a program be 60megs on CD yet provide the same thing on floppy for 12 megs.....where did you come up with 60?

TI9 Bootable CD is ~28megs. It also provide support for recovery manager and Acronis Secure Zone installation.

On the CD, if you take out the Recovery Manager folder, you are left with ~16megs for the CD.

Keep in mind their 'Safe' floppy set is dos based (no support for usb,scsi,raid...) and the full is Linux based,. This means the CD actually is smaller since as bootable media, both modes have access to a few files used by both Safe and Full modes, instead of 2 floppy sets to deal with.

Less work, less space taken using the CD method. I'm thinking your more comfortable with the floppy method and as long as it works... it works.

You can use the recovery cd from True Image 9 w/ CDShell the same as any other bootable Acronis product:

if $lastKey == key[1]; then isolinux /kernel.dat rw vga=788 acpi=off initrd=/ramdisk.dat /s ramdisk_size=25600 quiet

For True Image 9, you just need to make the RAMDisk size bigger than 20Mb. You can get the kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat file from the install directory.

Cheers