Force "modification date" on sort files

Jouven

Hi

I use windows xp (nlited) and in some folders like "my music" there is no option to sort files by modification date by default, I have to go View>select details and there, choose, I want to see "modification date" on the sort file options, then i right click on any blank part of the folder and i can choose sort files by modification date... but then if i close/change folder the settings aren't saved, and every time i want to sort files by modification date, i have to do all the process.

So I want to know if there is any way to fix this.

Do you have 'Remember each folders view settings' checked off under Tools --> Foilder Options --> View? If not you could turn that on and set the folders you want that way.

Or you could try setting it up the way you want it and Apply to all folders under Tools --> Folder Options --> View if that option is already set.

Also right clicking in the column headers allows for selecting other columns to view.

Edited by KAndle

Do you have 'Remember each folders view settings' checked off under Tools --> Foilder Options --> View? If not you could turn that on and set the folders you want that way.

That solved it, thanks

well after some days, now I have another problem, folders still remember them arrange icons by setting but dont remember them view settings (Thumbnails, tiles, icons, list or details) :/

You probably need to increase the number of individual folder settings remembered.

Download TweakUI from Microsoft (Link). Dig through the settings and you'll find an option to set the number of folder customizations. Set this to 4000-5000.