XPCREATE COMMERCIAL

fxart

Excuse me for my bad english but I'm Italiann and I Want to buy the commercial version. I have a small computer shop in Italy and I want personalize all my version of Windows for the custome Installation. Please contact me as soon as possible to purchase this great prog.

Thanks

Enrico Bonazza

Gea Informatica

www.geanet.it

enrico.bonazza@aliceposta.it

Edited by fxart

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
Welcome to MSFN

I think you'll find that you have to contact GM about that :)

Just posting on here is not enough.

Regards

N.

Why doesn't he have a purchase link or something? I'm sure many would like to have the commercial version. I have contacted him, but because of my institution (university) if I can't pay with a CC or PO, then I'd have to buy it myself.

• 3 weeks later...
Why doesn't he have a purchase link or something? I'm sure many would like to have the commercial version. I have contacted him, but because of my institution (university) if I can't pay with a CC or PO, then I'd have to buy it myself.

Dont know I'm afraid.

Have you managed to contact him because as far as I was aware, he wasnt "offering" the commercial version anymore, but i'm not 100% sure.

Regards

• 1 month later...

not sure if i am right or not, but selling a program like xpcreate or nlite would be against the law. Selling copies of XP that have had XPCreate or Nlite used on them would also be against the law. This is why there are no ways to purchase the programs for commercial use.

not sure if i am right or not, but selling a program like xpcreate or nlite would be against the law.

I am not a lawyer. Those programs should be legal to sell, just like any other program a person can create. The only part Microsoft owns is the OS and the updates.

Selling a xpcreate version of XP would be illegal unless you get a license from Microsoft (for XP) and Greenmachine (for his program) to do so.

Stephen

Dear all,

I’m afraid we should not discuss this serious topic any more without any legal knowledge.

I want to keep current situation. I mean, GM offers Free version for us and he may offer commercial version.

If a guy who want to purchase a commercial version, he must ask GM directly. We should not touch his business, I think.

Only a people who is a lawyer in the US (for Microsoft) (or in Australia (for GM) or international) can give comments, but not in the forum, I think.

Don’t you think so?

There was no reply from the thread owner. There was no reply from GM. No need to discuss this matter any more. Shall we stop?

Tinywoods

ppl are allowed to give their own input on the discussion.

i can safely say that selling an nlited or xpcreated version of an XP Disc would be completely against the law. which is kind of what the author of this thread sounds like they intend on doing.

• 8 months later...
i can safely say that selling an nlited or xpcreated version of an XP Disc would be completely against the law. which is kind of what the author of this thread sounds like they intend on doing.

Just to clear this up for everyone....

The topic starter is refering to a commercial version of xpcreate that GM no longer [that I am aware of] sells, in order to use it in a commercial sense.

This, of course, doesnt mean that the commercial user [in this case, the topic starter's PC shop] of XPC can distribute the created CD [to a customer] - of course not, as that would be a breach of both the XP EULA & the MS SB OEM EULA, but so long as all it does is slipstream and "add functionality" that doesnt remove components or hack the installation, that is perfectly legal.

The topic starter would have to "sysprep" the machine also to comply with the System Builder's EULA too - that the machine is provided to the customer "sealed".

So, in short, yes - i cant see a problem in using a slipstreaming program to add legitimate hotfixes, Service Packs, and other updates - along with drivers also - into a install of XP, so long as you dont remove components or alter or use modified MS files in the process,and that you dont distribute the resulting CD. Only original hologramed media & COA fitted to the computer can be distributed along with this installed system.

Hope that makes sense.

Nath.