Snaggletooth !

BFH

Right,

4008 installed flawlessly directly from CD. Several 'tools' alvailable here and there facilitating daily use work good too.

You can now actually surf the net with it, wich is rather useful. 3683 fell flat on its a** every time you opened a browser.

The PC I got it on has an old Ensoniq SB64 soundcard, there's no driver that's any good. It looks like there's no SB driver for any card included. Also, the procedure for installing a driver has changed somewhat from XP, giving you less of a free hand in using different drivers.

So far, I've been using mIRC, with scrips and some other stuff, works fine. Also a newsreader and some utils.

Fat32 seems to have left the building, only NTFS remains.

There's a serious speed issue. I run it now on a P3-500 with about 400 Mb ram, full SCSI-UW, and it tends to lag a bit.

Representation of icons and fonts are rough. The subsystem may need work, or there could be a number of settings I just haven't tried yet.

Next up is the installation of Systemworks 2K3. Let's see if that destroys it :) . If that doesn't I'll try partition magic.

Greetz,

BFH