best image creator?

truromeo4juliet

hey guys, I'd like to know if there's a program out there that you prefer to use to make your images with (not images from a CD/DVD, but to create an image from a pack of files)

currently, I'm using "CDImage GUI" but recently I ran into an ASMS Problem problem after windows files copied to the harddrive, so I'm looking for alternative programs to help me troubleshoot. Any suggestions would be appreciated... and JFYI, i quick searched the forums and only found info on creating and burning images from discs, not from a compilation of files... thanks for the help - TruRomeo4Juliet

Im gonna tell you how to do it through several different programs...

I) Nero

1. Start Nero Burining Rom (NOT Nero Express)

2. Click on DVD/CD-ROM ISO

3. Click on New

4. You should see a drop-down box that has devices that can burn CDs/DVDs... In my case I have:

MSI CD-RW MS-83405

BENQ DVD DD DW1620

Image Recorder

Change the default setting to Image Recorder.

5. Drag and drop the files from the Right pane to the left pane in Nero of what you need to burn...

6. Press Ctrl+B and it will bring up: Burn Compliation

7. Then Click Burn

8. Then it will ask you where to save the *.nrg/*.iso (to change between the two, there is a drop-down box at the bottum of the 'Saving Image File' (the drop-down box is named." Save as type:") Give it a name

9. Then your done

II) Ultra ISO:

1. Open Ultra ISO

2. Drag and drop the files you need to put in an ISO

3. Then click File > Save as

4. Type the name you want to give it since it will automatically save it as an ISO

5. Wait and your done

Hope that helps you and if i find anything else i will edit the post and put it in there for ya...

:thumbup

Edited by lostincyberspace2007

MagicISO is my personal favourite. Its is basically identical to UltraISO but with a few more added features. the main one being able to handle vcd/svcd images.UltraISO refuses to burn for some strange reason.

Edited by ScubaSteve

will either of these instructions automatically make the disk bootable, or do I need to add something else to make it so?  B)

No... Make sure u have extracted/downloaded the bootsector that you will need to make the CD bootable, I use to have a bootextractor but i forgot the name of it...

They both can but i can't be specific with Nero, because i don't know it in and out but to make one in Nero

I) Nero:

1. Open Nero Burning Rom

2. Under the burn complation wizard scroll down until u see CD-ROM Boot

3. and u have to mess around with the options in there because the HEX values in there are very pickey, I used to know that they were and i forgot them now...

II) Ultra ISO:

1. Open Ultra ISO

2. Click Bootable, then Load Boot File

3. Select the file that has the bootup file

4. Done

:thumbup