installing any app. with unattended possible?

wlandymore

I've been playing around with installing things silently with an unattended install and I've done things like office 2003 but using the setup.exe /a to make the file with the key embeded.

My question is, how can you do this for ANY program?

I would like to try to install things like Visual Studio (2003/2005), Virtual Server, MS visual Sourcesafe client, Adobe Audition, etc.

How can you package these apps up with the keys, etc. so you can just run them in the background and have them installed with the OS and stuff in an unattended install?

Lol, are you kidding me? That's the whole point of this forum! Try using the search function for the application you need. The problem is that different programs use different installers, or are custom, etc. There is no universal switch for everything. It makes it easier when the program uses a well-known installer, though.

Ouch! Listen to the scolding I got. :)

I searched for Visual Studio and I could only find two posts about it. One was about making the transform file, but even though I seemed to be using the same version, some of the files he was listing were incorrect or out of date.

I've made a transform that I'm going to test with the combination of switches that I took out of both posts concerning VS2003 and I'll test it out today.

I just don't think my success rate is very good. I just wanted some sort of program where you could package them up with the keys and stuff and then just point the answer file to the new .msi.

I tried Wise but it didn't really work for me.