Can't write ISO 9660/Joliet

TheCrow7

For some strange reason I cannot write in ISO 9660/Joliet [Modus 1] format when I have 2 drives connected to the same (IDE) controller. Even when that mode is selected I get the Data[Modus 1] mode, and the data then burned on the discs renders unreadable.

When I disconnect the CD reader I can write in ISO 9660, and my discs work great.

Any clues what could be wrong here ?

well.....need more info but....

-try resetting pnp device detection in the BIOS

-make sure both drives are either cable select or set properly on master/slave

-Open properties tab for both drives and check that Windows cd burning service is off.

-Open device manager and check under IDE controllers that both are working and set to use DMA if possible. (Speaking of IDE...VIA chipsets are known for causing problems with burners. If you have VIA, uninstall the IDE drivers and revert to MS generic IDE drivers.)

-Last but not least.....check your aspi layer is working. If not either get Nero's wnaspi32.dll and put in system32 folder or d/l ForceASPI 1.8, run it, and then reboot. Good Luck!

Oh....if you have any Virtual Drives installed...uninstall them until the real ones work. They do cause conflicts.

Oh...i'm not sure if you are sharing the ide with a hard drive...if you are the ide controller will run at the highest setting for both drives. This means a HD that shares a IDE cable with a burner will be set at UDMA2 (really slow) which could cause lock ups and problems if you are trying to burn at top speed.

Edited by LiquidSage