NForce Ethernet drivers with subdir's

eltuup

Hi, i've intergrated my nforce ethernet drivers into my cd. It just didn't work for me but now i think i found the right way to integrate them. Because of the subdirectories i now made 3 different notes in OemPnPDriversPath

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_SMBus;Drivers\001_MemCtl;
Drivers\002_GART;Drivers\003_IDE\WinXP;Drivers\004_Ethernet;
Drivers\005_Ethernet\PreNRM\WinXP;Drivers\006_Ethernet\NAM;
Drivers\007_AudioDrv;Drivers\008_Display"

Is this the right way to do it?

(004-006 are the ones i'm talking about)

Edited by eltuup

Looks OK to me, but \NAM has nothing but a program installer, so you can skip that folder

oldmx

It is wright when you say that the NAM folder has a setup.exe. I unpacked that file so now that folder contains an .inf. I can still delete that folder? Does it any harm when i do not delete the folder?

Yup thats the right way you've done it. :)

And right, the NAM folder does have a setup.exe and is useless. The unpacked inf from that file, is still not necessary, since you get the drivers installed thru windows setup, instead of using a separate installer. You can delete the NAM folder, its no harm.

And also, one more piece of info.

Those files that you see in the "Ethernet" folder, are used only for nForce3 & nForce4 MoBos (the 64-bit ones).

If you've got an nForce1 or nForce2 based motherboard, then all you really need, is the "Pre-NRM" folder, in the Ethernet folder.

And also, one more piece of info.

Those files that you see in the "Ethernet" folder, are used only for nForce3 & nForce4 MoBos (the 64-bit ones).

If you've got an nForce1 or nForce2 based motherboard, then all you really need, is the "Pre-NRM" folder, in the Ethernet folder.

oh didn't know that. thanks