RISult - Integrating RIS + RyanVM/BTS packs

Fencer128

Hi,

The "D" folder is created by Bashrat's scripts to house some DriverPack files. It is not a direct creation of RISult and is necessary in order for successful install of drivers (so needs to be there).

Your posted files seem fine. You are correct in assuming that commenting out/deleting the [GUIRunOnce] "Command11 =" line in the SIF file will achieve the effect outlined in my previous posts.

Can I check that you are copying all of the required DriverPacks to "DriverPacks_Store" and leaving them in their compressed .7z state?

Can I also check that you have copied the "DriverPacks_BASE.exe" file to "Common\BTS"?

Are you using the latest release of "RISult" and "DriverPack_BASE" (I notice that you are using an old version of Ryan's Update Pack)? RISult will *not* work correctly with the newest DriverPack_BASE unless you are using the current version.

Without the above files the drivers will not install. If you have done the above then I'm currently at a loss as to why it's not working as it should.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi,

Please see if you can see anything a miss in the structure.

Unattend\RIS\BTS

7z.exe

BTS_DriverPacks_BASE_V6034.exe

btscustom.cmd

Fedit.exe

=4 files

Unattend\RIS\BTS\DriverPacks_Store

DriverPack_Chipset_V6031.7z

DriverPack_CPU_V603.7z

DriverPack_Graphics_A_V603.7z

DriverPack_Graphics_B_V603.7z

DriverPack_Graphics_C_V603.7z

DriverPack_LAN_V6032.7z

DriverPack_MassStorage_V6031.7z

DriverPack_Sound_A_V603.7z

DriverPack_Sound_B_V603.7z

DriverPack_WLAN_V603.7z

=11 files

Unattend\RIS\Custom

=0 files

Unattend\RIS\Custom\$OEM$

=0 files

Unattend\RIS\Custom\$OEM$\$$

Cleanup.cmd

=1 file

Unattend\RIS\Custom\$OEM$\$$\system32

=0 files

Unattend\RIS\Custom\$OEM$\$1

=0 files

Unattend\RIS\Custom\i386

b44win.inf

b57win32.inf

b57xp32.sys

bcm4sbxp.sys

e1000325.inf

E1000325.sys

e100b325.inf

e100b325.sys

e1e5132.inf

E1e5132.sys

Netrtlx.inf

Rtnic.sys

Rtnicxp.sys

yk51x86.inf

yk51x86.sys

=15 files

Unattend\RIS\Custom\i386\templates

=0 files

Unattend\RIS\IDENT_Files

WIN51

WIN51IP

win51ip.SP2

=3 files

Unattend\RIS\RIS_Original

=0 files

Unattend\RIS\RIS_Original\i386

- the content

Unattend\RIS\RyanVM

acrobat-addon.cab

qt-addon.cab

RogueSpearDotNET11Addon.cab

RVM_Integrator_1.2.2.exe

RVMAddonsWMP10_2.4.cab

RVMUpdatePack2.0.5.cab

Cheers again

Pete

Hi Pete,

Again that looks fine... I'm assuming that that's the structure before you run RISult. If you have the time could you post something similar showing the structure in the RIS_Install folder after running RISult?

Could you confirm whether only some non-native drivers are getting installed, or no non-native drivers at all?

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi Pete,

Thanks - looks fine. Last 2 things to check:

1. The devices you want to install are definately supported by the DriverPacks (check Bashrat's forums).

If you are unsure then please list the make/model of the hardware that does not install.

2. You are restarting the BINSVC after copying the completed RISult image to your RIS server?

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I've installed using the CD ROM version and all drivers install fine on the machine in question - so drivers are supported based on that.

Yes I do restart the Service after copy.

On investigation I have found that when the error appears on the machine Im building;

C:\D\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe

Windows cannot find 'C:\D:\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe'. Make

sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search

for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

the machine has pulled down from the server a folder with this name '$win_nt$.~ls' at which point WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe in looking for C:\D\

Can't get my head round that one!

If I where to try and copy drivers I have to the RISULT, how would I go about it?

Cheers again for your help.

Pete

Hi,

I'm a little stumped. I'll have to go and perform a RISult build just to convince myself that there's nothing wrong with my application, though it has been working fine as far as I can tell.

I'll get back to you when I can confirm everything is ok.

*** EDIT Just built a RISult image and all drivers installed fine, no errors etc ***

I can only think we're still missing something about the way in which you put your build together or that there's some level of access/permission that you do not have on your finished systems, which is preventing the build from finishing correctly.

Can you confirm that your %systemdrive% is C: and how many partitions you have on your completed machine?

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi Andy,

Created on a system with only one partition which was C: and again with another with three partitions with the system drive being h: on the later. Both with the same outcome

Cheers

Pete

Edited by AliasPeter

Hi Pete,

This is driving me crazy. What I don't understand is that you've confirmed that "cleanup.cmd" is present in \...\RIS_Install\$OEM$\$$.

If this is so it should definately get copied to C:\WINDOWS (that's the purpose of Microsoft's $$ folder).

In the SIF file cleanup.cmd is executed via:

[GUIRunOnce]
command11 = %windir%\cleanup.cmd

Given this it should be found. The only reasons it wouldn't work is if:

1. You don't copy the $OEM$ folder (along with the i386 folder) to your RIS server. The $OEM$ and i386 folders should be placed within the same folder on your RIS server. Can you confirm this is so as it is now my number one guess why things are not working for you? See RISult_Instructions.txt for more information if required.

** - POST-INTEGRATION TASKS - **

When RISult is completed you will need to perform two further tasks:

1. Copy the i386 and $OEM$ folders from RIS_Install back to the appropriate folder on the RIS server
2. Restart the BINLSVC service on the RIS server (type "NET STOP binlsvc" THEN "NET START binlsvc" at a cmd prompt)

2. You don't have cleanup.cmd in \...\RIS_Install\$OEM$\$$ (but your previous posts show you do).

3. You don't have permission to write that file to that location and/or to execute it. But you say you do.

Can you think of any other reason you'd get:

C:\WINDOWS\Cleanup.cmd

Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\Cleanup.cmd'. Make
sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search
for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

I feel the reason for this anomolous error is at the heart of why your drivers aren't installing, as well as the other file not found issues you highlighted.

If we've still not got this then I'll post one of my SIF files for you to try.

Please let me know what you think.

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi

Thanks for this great tool. Can't wait to try it out.

I have a question though:

I have a working RIS setup which after the installation will launch a few runonceex jobs and reg files through CMDLINES.TXT

How do I preserve this setup with RISULT?

In the documentation it says I have to create a CUSTOM.CMD file and call scripts from that.

But can I just leave it the way it is now and proceed without all this custom.cmd stuff?

Thanks!

HI,

No problem. I use "cmdlines.txt" too. Just place cmdlines.txt into the \\...\Custom\$OEM$ folder before executing RISult. By default anything you call in your cmdlines.txt will default to this folder as the path, so if you're referencing a file through cmdlines.txt that's not located within $OEM$, make sure you get the path right.

Custom.cmd is not required for such a customisation (I used to use it for big changes such as dynamically compiling and slipstreaming the recovery console).

Good luck,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi Andy,

Just so I can try , how do I add device drivers to RIS?

Cheers again

Pete

Hi,

Do you mean text mode setup network/mass storage drivers, or GUI mode drivers (i.e. Graphics, Sound, etc).?

Also, can you confirm whether a missing $OEM$ folder was the reason for your build issues, as stated in my previous post to you?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Not sure if there were was a missing $OEM$ folder. Sorry for missing that in the last post!

It seems everything installs and with no error messages now - it seems I just needed to modify the (OemPreinstall = no) line in the Sif, to (OemPreinstall = Yes). Is this right?

Works great and is a smashing tool!

Cheers again for all your help.

Pete

Edited by AliasPeter