RISult - Integrating RIS + RyanVM/BTS packs

Fencer128

Hi Res,

Right - I think the file not found problem during "Post processing" is due to a 3rd party LAN driver included with w2k3 server that isn't present for w2k server. I imagine that it will not make any difference to your build and can be ignored. The driver will no date be old anyway compared to the ones in the BTS pack.

If it isn't a driver then I suspect it's a different file not present on a w2k3 server and can again be ignored.

The last lines in your log files as correct as far as I can tell, you should not have other entries after those shown in the post.

I'm off to see the girlfriend for lunch now (it is Valentine's day after all :o) - please let me know how the build goes, I'll have a read when I get back.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

The build went well apart from a pause in setup to install the "Plug and play monitor"

It wanted to connect to the internet. Ive seen this once before when doing this work i cant remember if it happened with RISULT or AutoRIS that time but it certainly didnt happen with AUTORIS yesterday.

Kind of rewins the unattended piece lol.

The files are now deleting fine also.

Hi Res,

It sounds as if things are getting better now. The plug 'n play monitor issue is a known MS issue and can usually be fixed via a hotfix.

The internet look up is something I've not seen before and that has not happened to me. I'm not convinced it's to do with RISult directly as I certainly don't play with the internet at all.

Cheers,

Andy

p.s. If you could attach your last RISultLog.txt to a post here that would be helpful as I'd like to know exactly what file is not found.

Edited by Fencer128

Hi Fencer

I have a quick question, perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

At the end of BTS Slipstreaming, I receive the following

Performing post-integration processing on RIS file set...

The system cannot find the file specified.

The system cannot find the file specified.

Done

RIS integration is complete! You may now:

1. Copy the D:\RISULT\RIS_Install\i386 folder back over to the RIS server

.....etc

I am using Windows Server 2003 and a vanilla install everytime. I am using the latest versions of Ryan VM's patches an d integrator. They integrate fine. I am also using v6.02 of BTS Driverpacks.

In the $OEM$ folder I have the following folders and files in the $1 folder.

I have the D folder which contains the following:

BTS_DPs_cleanup

BTS_DPs_finish

SetDevicePath

I have all the driverpacks in 7z format in the $1 folder itself.

Is all this ok?

I am performing a re-image as we speak, I'll let you know how I go.

Great stuff by the way, the hard work is appreciated!!

Mark

Hi rathcoffey,

I'm intrgued by the file not found errors you're getting. Could you please attach the RISultLog.txt file to a post so I can have a look. Please also let me know which version of RISult you used.

With regards to your file locations, I'm away from the office at the moment so I can't check exactly where everything should be. I'll be able to have a look sometime on Thursday though. If you've followed the instructions then everything should be in the correct place anyhow.

Please make sure you're now using v1.0.9. You must have used an older version before as you should have another file (WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe) in the $OEM$/$1/D folder. This was corrected in a later version (see changelog). I suspect this will eliminate one file not found error and leave you in the same position as Resonate (see above).

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi Fencer

I'm actually using v 1.09.

I will pop WatchDriverSigning Policy.exe into the D folder anyway just in case for the purposes of the build.

I'm just about to start re-imaging now so I'll let you know how I get on.

Edit* The image is finished however, it didn't install any of the drivers for any device *Edit

The last entries in my log file are:

C:\RIS\RIS_Install\OEM\DriverPack_Chipset_V601.7z

C:\RIS\RIS_Install\OEM\DriverPack_CPU_V506.7z

C:\RIS\RIS_Install\OEM\DriverPack_Graphics_A_V6011.7z

C:\RIS\RIS_Install\OEM\DriverPack_Graphics_B_V5111.7z

C:\RIS\RIS_Install\OEM\DriverPack_LAN_V602.7z

C:\RIS\RIS_Install\OEM\DriverPack_WLAN_V601.7z

1 file(s) copied.

1 file(s) copied.

Either way, I'll run it again from fresh and post the complete log file.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by rathcoffey

Hi rathcoffey,

I think something is not quite right with your source/set up. You should definately get the drivers installed if you follow the instructions.

Can you please check the following:

1. You have set up your folder structure as per the RISult instructions

2. You are using the latest versions of all programs/packs

3. You have used BTS Method 2, GUIRonOnce, No KtD (other methods do not work)

4. You have no spaces in any of your folder names/paths

5. You are happy that the ris *.sif file you are using is correct

Please let me know as I've never seen a problem with the drivers not getting installed before. I'll have a detailed look at your log too when you attach it.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi,

I have put up RISult 1.1.0b1 for testing. There have been a couple of changes:

- File location for WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe

- Environment variables for calling various executables used in BTS_DPs_Finish.cmd

Please can you give it a try - and if you encounter any errors/problems post them along with an attached RISultLog.txt file.

Please ensure that you have read the enclosed instructions and particualrly that you are using:

BTS method 2, GUIRunOnce, No KtD.

It can be downloaded from:

BETA now complete - see below

Thank you,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi,

The reason for the number choice is simply that I need to make sure that these 2 commands are the last to execute. Therefore if you want to run more than 8 commands you'll need to bump the numbers of the RISult added entries up slightly.

With regards to if it works without 1 - 8, it still works as everyone who uses RISult would not get the files cleaned at the end of the installation (which I know does occur).

You can use any of the numbers you like. The important point reagarding the BTS entries is simply that they are executed in the right order and preferably last of all.

As you correctly suppose, the commands are executed in numerical order.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Hi,

RISult 1.1.1 up now. Had to fix issue with sif file.

If you use the default ristndrd.sif file then there is no change.

If you use a custom sif file then after RISult has completed you will need to copy the two GUIRunOnce commands added by RISult from ristndrd.sif to your custom sif file.

You will then need to delete ristndrd.sif.

Cheers,

Andy