intel 810 chipset drivers for Me?

bizzybody

Are there any intel 810 chipset drivers for Windows Me, or is that chipset just "supported" by Microsoft's lousy generic drivers?

I've just spent a lot of time downloading several old versions of the intel chipset drivers off their "previously released" area, and even the very first one that lists Me in the supported Windows versions claims that it has nothing to install because the os already supports the chipset.

'Course that section doesn't have EVERY version of infinst_enu.exe or infinst_enu.zip because I have a few newer ones not in their list.

Sooo, what is needed to be found and safely stashed somewhere is the FINAL version of the intel driver package that actually has drivers in it for the 810/815 chipset for Windows Me.

That'd be a good thing for every intel chipset, locate and archive the last versions with drivers for each chipset, for each version of Windows from 95 on.

P.S. I dug up what from the release notes is version 2.10.0002, but there's no mention of any version past 98SE, and the last chipset listed is the 810. So I installed it. ;) Windows Me didn't complain a bit. Sooo, that gives an early version, what's the latest version that'll work on Me, "supported" or not?

Perhaps try this... the INF update utility for the 810 chipset was last updated in 2004.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...ID=178〈=eng

Scroll down the list to find the EXE form of the the installer. Intel has a habit of not organzing the software by date very often.

However, higher versions don't always constitute to the drivers for a specific chipset being updated. Have you tried using the ZIP for of the inf update utility then running the command strings on the installer to extract the actual INF's and assiciated drivers? Then attempting manual update of each piece of hardware?

Had to do that with my 850/855 chipset in my laptop a while back even to get the USB2 dirver installed.

Could try http://www.drivermagic.com to find all your supported drivers for your hardware and your chipset. They have quite a few older versions archived on there.

Also, could try http://www.driverguide.com (I used this site quite often in the past)

Also as a last resort, try http://driverchina.com/ . The site is in chinese but if you can find your way around... you should find all the old versions you seek. I swear, this is the only site that still had some driver sets that nobody has anymore. Best example would be most of the tweaked driversets for my s3 savage 2000 vid card.

Edited by Chozo4

Good info, thanks. I use driverguide all the time, and have uploaded several drivers there.

I'll check the others you posted.

What I'd like to know is why Intel has "unsupported" their older chipsets in later relases of their infinst downloads, when they had drivers for those chipsets for 9x, Me and 2K in previous releases.

I'd like to see a single infinst download with the last drivers released for all 9x, Me and 2K for all intel's discontinued chipsets. That'd make a PC tech's life sooooo much simpler when he can just run one installer for any intel chipset running a non-XP version of Windows.

What I'd like to know is why Intel has "unsupported" their older chipsets in later relases of their infinst downloads, when they had drivers for those chipsets for 9x, Me and 2K in previous releases.

What I can figure is that it could be due to management of the whole installation itself or size restrictions. True, it would be a dream-come-true if they did compile every last one of their drivers into a single package but you can only expect so much... sadly. Perhaps they are merging some of the drivers together though?

I myself have used the intel chipset as well in my toshiba laptop when I had removed xp from it and installed 98se. I did notice the passing out of older chipsets as the one i had they just ocassionally renamed (slightly) and updated with the pack regardless. Also had to manually install a couple from the set such as the USB2 support.

Best that could be done is if someone extracted the drivers from most of intels packs and passed it off as a general intel-chipset driver archive. Only was I can see having the legacy chipsets still in it.

Edited by Chozo4

Best that could be done is if someone extracted the drivers from most of intels packs and passed it off as a general intel-chipset driver archive. Only was I can see having the legacy chipsets still in it.

Sounds like a job for the denizens of this forum. ;)

"The Latest (or last) intel Drivers for All Windows, All Chipsets, Driver Pack" Such would be HIGHLY USEFUL so I could just run one installer no matter what Windows version on any intel chipset and it'd toss in the latest/last drivers for that chipset and that version of windows.