Help Required! How to remove xp help from the CD?

kamran_mehmood

Hello Folks!

I hope you people could help me in this.

I don't need Windows XP Help Center files on my pc and i want to some how stop XP installation to install these on my PC rather than it installs and i remove it manually.

Can somebody tell me how to stop XP from installing Help files? OR to remove it from the source to make the source more slim?

Any suggestions / hints are also welcome.

I hope this is the right place to post this query!

Hope to hear from you guyz

Carezzz

Kamran Mehmood

kamran_mehmood@yahoo.com

There's no wondering about it. You can remove it with nLite, among 160 other components. To someone new, I'd suggest removing some Accessibility options, Language packs, some unneeded networking protocols and unneeded Services. Don't mess with IE related components unless you're experienced. Otherwise, the first thing you're going to complain about in your next post is why things aren't working. Dependencies... be careful. There are descriptions for each component, read. :hello:

Jeremy Posted Today, 04:08 PM

There's no wondering about it. You can remove it with nLite, among 160 other components. To someone new, I'd suggest removing some Accessibility options, Language packs, some unneeded networking protocols and unneeded Services. Don't mess with IE related components unless you're experienced. Otherwise, the first thing you're going to complain about in your next post is why things aren't working. Dependencies... be careful. There are descriptions for each component, read. 

hey,

i have got nLite and easing myself through it. So far it's Rock n' Roll :thumbup

yet i haven't tested it on my pc yet, as downloading XP SP2 is taking a hell of time :angry: