Office 2003 Service Pack 2! Oh Yeah

Wesmosis

Thanks Zxian.  :hello:

Lucius Snow, the same MST can be used, no changes needed.

It didn't work :}

I don't know if it's due to Office Shrinker or the MST file because the size folder after shrinking is almost the same as before, and it said it was complete.

It failed because one font was missing. See the attachment.

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

post-27911-1127861324_thumb.jpg

Yes... You cannot update a shrunk source. You need to build from scratch and then reshrink from there.

@evilvoice - The setup.exe that you mentioned, that's not the same as the Custom Installation Wizard, is it? I just used that to make my silent installs and all went well.

It was from a full source.

Well, i added all the files missing to the install directory, there were about a dozen. I think i'll just rebuild my 7zip archive from that. It suppose it should keep fine like this ?

Thanks.

EDIT : The install finished but Powerpoint complains now about the chipart missing and don't want to let use it. There's something going really bad ... :wacko:

EDIT 2 : Alright, fixed now. I just didn't install from a *real* clean install since i first uninstalled Office 2003. About the Powerpoint issue, i had to modify my MST and add all the cliparts. Without them, Powerpoint always complained at startup. Don't know why ... it didn't happen with SP1.

Edited by Lucius Snow

a couple of things I noticed while trolling the microsoft office admin site...there is a new setup.exe for admin installs that changes the localsource settings...

Yes, that's another update required - LINK.

But then, its not really a part of SP2 - its just an independant update - released almost a year ago.

@evilvoice - The setup.exe that you mentioned, that's not the same as the Custom Installation Wizard, is it? I just used that to make my silent installs and all went well.

Nope, its not the CIW.

And also how come I get UPDATES FOR OUTLOOK JUNK MAIL when I don't even have OUTLOOK installed??

Yes, thats the same for me, too. Havn't got Outlook installed but Microsoft Update says that I need the update. And it installs the update. But how can it install the update when there is no Outlook installed? :(

Included in this Service Pack
Office 2003 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Office 2003 WordPerfect 5.x Converter: KB 873378
Office 2003 Security Update: KB838905
Update for Office 2003 French Grammar Checker: KB873381
Office 2003 Tablet PC Update: Improved Ink Recognition
Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003: KB887982
Update for Office 2003: KB887980
Update for Office 2003: KB885828
Update for Office 2003 French Spelling Checker and Thesaurus: KB892258
Security Update for Word 2003: KB887979

a couple of things I noticed while trolling the microsoft office admin site...there is a new setup.exe for admin installs that changes the localsource settings...

Yes, that's another update required - LINK.

But then, its not really a part of SP2 - its just an independant update - released almost a year ago.

Nope, its not the CIW.

So... by using ENFORCECACHE, the source files will be cached... unlike the common problem with administrative installs?

Hi !

Anyone knows how to slipstreming "fullsp2" into off2003 admin install ?

admin install: setup /a blabla

then I tried in a cmd file:

working: MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\off2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

working: OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\off2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

doesn't work: OWC102003SP2ff.msp /a D:\off2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

i also tried :

OWC102003SP2ff.msp /a D:\off2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

and

OWC102003SP2ff.msp /a D:\off2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

so my *real* question is:

what is the exact cmd line and proper order to do this ?

according to the write up - enforcecache will locally cache the files AND set desktop cleanup wizard to never clean the location. Also, when using office update, it looks at what updates have been installed according to the msi...using office shrinker, I no longer have the french spelling and thesaurus, but office update said its installed...so that leads me to believe it does a check on the msi and not actually what files are installed...(it could just be a reg thing but that is still done through in my case pro11.msi)

Edited by evilvoice