Canada Is Next

sedative

MONTREAL (AP) -- Fans booed during the playing of the U.S. national anthem before the New York Islanders' 6-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night.

The sellout crowd of 21,273 at Bell Centre was asked to "show your support and respect for two great nations" before the singing of the American and Canadian national anthems.

But a significant portion of the crowd booed throughout Star-Spangled Banner in an apparent display of their displeasure with the U.S.-led war against Iraq. More than 200,000 people turned out for an anti-war demonstration in Montreal last Saturday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/ne...ex.html?cnn=yes

:) That's so lame. I say after we kick Iraq's a** we march up to Canada and kick them all out. It should only take a few hours. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ha ha, very funny. Shame on them for showing that they don't agree with this "totally awesome" war. Let's blow all those nay-sayers up! Heil Bush! Heil Bush!

:):rolleyes::D

Heil?

Oh, I see.

Blair took the UK into this when over half the population didn`t want us involved. He promised we wouldn`t go in without another UN resolution, but we are in there without it. I also feel that if Messrs Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were not so vastly involved financially in oil the whole thing wouldn`t stink as much as it does. As for Canada, are you going to stomp into every country that disagrees with you about, in your eyes, your God-given right to be the bully of the world? God forbid that there should be another shade of opinion in the "land of the free" (as long as you don`t wear a T-shirt with Give Peace A Chance on the front).

Wow Sed, what a big finger you have! But let's not forget where the "weapons of destruction" originated. While we're at it let's also not forget that this egomaniac has been running around for a long time. Bush Sr. struck out, Clinton struck out. George is up to bat, let's hope it doesn't become strike 3.

As for the booing, shame on us.

Pffff.....As far as I know, everytime I go and watch the Montreal Canadiens play at the Bell Centre, the crowd always boos the US team...Not that I do....During the past 4 years that I have been going and see the Canadiens play, and while there was a US team there, I would always hear the US National Anthem and now I've memorized it....I really love going to the US for vacation such as a place called Wildwood in New Jersey. I've been going there since I was born except when I would go somewhere like Europe about 3-4 times.....

Anywayz, the US rocks, and the people who are always booing the US National Anthem, as far as I know, are separatists and hate Canada and the US and want to form their own country, which is presently Quebec, which is STILL part of Canada....

:)