HELP ON the CREATING GHOST CD.

Tingsters

I like to ask how create a ghost bootable disc? which will auto boot up from the CD n auto start up ghost program!. with the support drivers (like USB MOUSE or USB HDD) n also loading the normal ps/2 mouse driver.? Cos currently i using ghost 8. then i found out some notebook dun have the floppy drive so i can't use the floppy disc. cos i need to create image for all these desktop n laptop. HELP.. :no:

I like to ask how create a ghost bootable disc? which will auto boot up from the CD n auto start up ghost program!. with the support drivers (like USB MOUSE or USB HDD) n also loading the normal ps/2 mouse driver.? Cos currently i using ghost 8. then i found out some notebook dun have the floppy drive so i can't use the floppy disc. cos i need to create image for all these desktop n laptop. HELP..  :no:

I can help you with the Ghost bootable CD. However, the drivers is another mess--you'll need to find real-mode drivers for the USB devices. Or you might get lucky and your BIOS might resolve them for when booting from a floppy.

To create a Bootable CD, go grab these two apps:EasyBoot. And WinImage.

Install them both and read the help, and the FAQ, so you know what is going on.

1. In Ghost, your going to make a Ghost boot disk.

2. Use WinImage to extract that ghost book disk to an image file. WinImage allows you to add/remove files from the floppy image, even making it larger than 1.44 MB.

3.Use Easy Boot to make a bootable CD with the image you took/modified in WinImage.

Both tools have trial periods. But they are worth their respective shareware fees. You'll soon get hooked on both. Easyboot allows you to place umpteen boot floppies or CD images on one CD/DVD and create a menu/submenu system to select what you want to boot to.

I have one bootable CD with:

• A Boot Disk for Hard drive partitioning software

• An Emergency Boot Disk (Ghost, AVG, READNTFS, F-Prot, Scandisk, etc)

• A Boot Disk for each Hard Drive Manufacturer Utility (Western Digital, Hitachi, etc)

I personally tweak the hell out of my Ghost boot disk to CAB up everything not required to boot off the floppy (or the floppy image). I also use a RamDrive (from and old Windows 98 Emergency boot disk).

Not on all versions anymore., They changed that. That are to many drivers to include sometimes. You can always make a boot disk or cd with the cd if you have the program installed. What ver. are you using??

My 9 that I got ffrom 10 was not a bootable cd. My original 9 I am nnot sure about but, I would say yes. 10 is different than all versions of ghost. It's really another companies product under the ghost name.

The simplest way to do this is make the floppy that you want with all the drivers. Then use Easy CD Creator or Nero to create a bootable CD. When asked, point to the floppy as the source for your bootable CD.

It's simple as that.

I like to ask how create a ghost bootable disc? which will auto boot up from the CD n auto start up ghost program!. with the support drivers (like USB MOUSE or USB HDD) n also loading the normal ps/2 mouse driver.? Cos currently i using ghost 8. then i found out some notebook dun have the floppy drive so i can't use the floppy disc. cos i need to create image for all these desktop n laptop. HELP.. :no: