Day of Defeat: Source Available

Incroyable HULK

well, well, well,

today, valve released Day of Defeat: Source to their steam engine.

I hope you won't be angry as I am when I discovered that I wasn't entitled to this release because I bought the Half-Life2 Collector Edition in Retail box instead of the steam package.

F word You Valve

I just went through this with my friend. He bought half-life 2 from a buddy of mine who works for a company that gets discounts on valve products. He choose to buy it for 10 bucks. At the time, I stressed to him that it would not include any of the other "mods" that it would include if he payed full price for it over the net. In any case, my point is that it was documented that you would have access to DAY OF DEFEATE SOURCE when it came out over steam, and not so with the retail product. I am sorry to say my friend, you didn't do your homework. As for my firend, he now has to dish out an extra 30 bucks for DOD Source. I on the other hand, spent 99 dollars on half-life 2 over steam last year, and have enjoyed every mod released for it since. :) Cheers.

Qz :huh:

Yeah, I don't think they were really concentrating on making it that fun of an experience. It's one of 2 current additions Valve made to include the HDR feature (makes lighting in games adjust just like our own eyes adjust to real-life brightnesses.)

• 2 weeks later...