DirectX 10 work on win98SE

colebygr

Wow, an NT 4.0 supporter. I didn't know anyone still used that OS (except for servers of course.) My OS list has been revised:

1. Windows 98SE

2. Windows 2000 Professional

3. Windows XP Professional (with all the bloat and sh*t cut out of it.)

4. Windows 95 OSR 2.0

5. Windows NT 4.0 (only used it once, seemed pretty stable, never used it again though cause no games would run on it.)

I've noticed that I tend to like the operating systems with the year in their name a lot more than ones such as Windows XP or Me. IDK why, I just do.

windows NT4 works very good as a server it don't use alot of ram like 8mb that is all last time i look

so any way windows 98se is very good os and good at gameing some times it can kill you :( but windows 2000 is good for gameing windows 2000 don't use ram like xp that eats your ram like a pig i like to see windows 98se

useing DirectX 10

I would love to see directx 10 support for windows 98se, but I'm not the least big optimistic about it. I know I'm sounding very negative, but, come on, does anyone really think that Microsoft is going to want to continue supporting dx on win98. I remember reading an article about microsoft's two worst fears which are pirates and older versions of their software. They are fully capable of attacking one of those fears.

Yeah anyone that pipes in that is so offtopic as to be utterly annoying, just to trash 98 over and over again. 98 Does have some resource problems, and isn't quite so good with its swap, but really almost all the Critical alerts and such completely skip over 98...an uptodate (as much as possible) 98...or even MDGx's 98SE2ME is very viable, even more so if driver MFG's weren't being squeezed by the balls by Microsoft to not release any ;)

Oddly enough after I installed Dungeon Siege II (win2K), my direct-x was reporting to be 9.0d ... I don't know if that was an anomoly or what, as it certainly isn't available for download.

Edited by Crash&Burn