DirectShow FilterPack

Reino

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have just finished downloading and installing both DirectShow FilterPack and ffdshow.

I have don't have a lot of experience with codecs, ect. but have been doing some reading. I downloaded the two listed above in an attempt to play music files I downloaded using azureus/bittorrent. However I have been unsucessful in getting them to play.

The files are songs and have been labeled as mp3 files on my computer. WMP won't play them, even after I dowloaded the two listed above and followed all the installation instructions. Divx also won't play them for me.

Can someone help me with this prolem?

(I have the same problem for a .iso file that I downloaded in the same way.)

Thank you!

ps I got the link to this form from the readme.txt file that came with the DirectShow filter pack.

Edited by AndrewW

Hi AndrewW,

Are you sure the DS-filters are installed perfectly? You can check this with "DirectShow Filter Manager." (included with DSFP)

And of course "DivX", in your case, needs to ticked within the FFDShow setup.

Have you also tried to play those files with other (plugin-based)programs?

Do you happen to have a sample of this mp3- and avi-file(DivX)? If so, please pm me so I check them out.

They might even be corrupted for all we know!

For iso-files you'll need an emulation-program like Alcohol or UltraISO, etc.

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry Sciddow, but I don't have Windows Vista at the moment, and I'm not planning on using it any time soon (at least not for now).

Ever since my last update there haven't been any updated mediafilters, and as far as I know all of them are primarily created for WinXP.

I just can't tell you, because I don't have Windows Vista. Of course you're free to try them out on Windows Vista ;)

Maybe I'm going to add the DC-Bass Source Filter from DCoder to my DSFP in the next release, but that depends on a couple of things.

This single mediafilter will replace a couple of other filters, which means smaller filesizes in the end. All we can do is wait.

Thank you for your quick reply! I'm sorry to say that I can't test right now. This is a laptop from work with Vista on it.

Once I install Vista on my home pc I can test.

Thank you for the pack though. I'm using it with great pleasure on my XP boxes!

• 2 months later...

couple questions:

why do you still include CoreCodec's WavPack decoder when the DCoder one does the job fine?

and there seems to be a small glitch in your CDXA folder, there is a file called "cdxareader.ax (Gabest(clsid) - CDXA Source Filter 1.0.0.2 - 18092007)" which i presume is the updated filter?

(also, you should enable DCoder's AAC support, as it allows seeking and FFDShow does not)

p.s.

Props! :thumbup

Edited by electroglyph

Hi electroglyph,

why do you still include CoreCodec's WavPack decoder when the DCoder one does the job fine?
• The CoreCodec - WV Decoder is only responsible for embedded WavPack Audio (witin MKV-files for example).

The same can be said of the FFDShow Audio Decoder in case of embedded FLAC Audio and True Audio.

So the DCoder - Bass Source Filter is perfectly capable of handling WavPack files (*.WV), but for MKV[some_encoded_video+WavPack]-files (embedded WavPack Audio) the CoreCodec - WV Decoder is still needed.
and there seems to be a small glitch in your CDXA folder, there is a file called "cdxareader.ax (Gabest(clsid) - CDXA Source Filter 1.0.0.2 - 18092007)" which i presume is the updated filter?
Yes you're right! :o Can't believe I forgot to rename the new one and delete the old one that time... Thanks a lot!

For everyone: delete "cdxareader.ax" and rename "cdxareader.ax (Gabest(clsid) - CDXA Source Filter 1.0.0.2 - 18092007)" to "cdxareader.ax", then you can install the whole package (or only this one) in which case the newest CDXA Source Filter will be registered. It's not a big disaster, but still. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

(also, you should enable DCoder's AAC support, as it allows seeking and FFDShow does not)
If you really want the DCoder - Bass Source Filter to handle AAC (and MP3 perhaps), you have to unregister the Gabest(clsid) - MPA Splitter and the DCoder - Bass Source Filter, then open up the "Registration.ini" in the Bass Source Filter directory and change aac=0 (and mp3=0) to aac=1 (and mp3=1). After that, register the DCoder - Bass Source Filter again.

I don't have any problems time-seeking through a AAC or a MP3 file with the MPA Splitter and FFDShow though.

p.s. I don't know what props means :P

ah, it's the MPA filter. well, it is allowing me to seek now so i guess i had a glitch last night.

and i figured you had good reason to still include the WV decoder i was just curious what it was

props = respect!

edit: dunno what the glitch is, but for me AAC doesn't seek unless i manually unregister the MPA filter and then re-register. after that it works fine.

Edited by electroglyph

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...