DirectShow FilterPack

Reino

Just FYI: I have switched to using MPUI which is just a frontend for MPlayer to play most of my video files. MPUI is only 3mb and two files, and plays almost anything. And I use XMPlay for my music, because its very light, fast, and plays mod and spc fomats. I keep links to both of these programs in my sig if your interested ;)

That said, CoRoNe's filterpack is an excellent pack :D

FULL uA: http://rapidshare.de/files/15263762/uA_DSFP_2_FULL.exe.html

LITE uA: http://rapidshare.de/files/15263860/uA_DSFP_2_LITE.exe.html

dude, whats the difference between lite & full? wats included & wats not?

Ok, take it easy. I suggest you take a look at the first post in this topic. There you'll find a link to my site (or you can click on the link in my signature), with (hopefully) all the information you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Corone, having trouble playing back .M2V files. I use MPC + Your Pack + FFDShow, but I still had to install a separate MPEG2 codec just to playback an encode of mine.

• Gabest - MPEG Splitter 1.0.0.2 (09022006)

Capable of splitting MPEG1/2 files (MP(E)G, VOB, M2V, DAT, TS, TP, etc.).

I have the full DS pack installed, my m2v file needed the separate codec like I mentioned. Any ideas?

Ah, thx. Guess I was a little too eager with this description.

For M2V you will still need to standard MPEG-2 Splitter (C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpg2splt.ax).

The MPV Video Decoder is fully capable of decoding these files though.

Perhaps you removed the standard MPEG-2 Splitter with nLite, Jeremy.

* removed "M2V" from Gabest - MPEG Splitter 1.0.0.2 description

[edit]Btw Jeremy, if you're using Media Player Classic, in most cases you wouldn't even need my DSFP because most of the splitters are already included within MPC.[/edit]

Edited by CoRoNe

• 3 weeks later...

1 tip, 1 thought:

The Tip,

With the Audio and Video Configuration of FFDshow you are able to export the settings. So I modded my settings just like your site says, merged the two .reg files (when exporting from Audio Configuration it will save a .reg file, dito for Video Configuration) and uploaded it for you. You can modify the .bat Installer so that it will apply the default recommended settings for Ffdshow by running the .reg file silently.

The Thought,

I actually didn't use the pack, cos I use MediaPlayerClassic to play all video and Winamp for audio.

BUT then I thought of this: if mp3/audioCD/Wave/Ogg/AAC files would be played through Ffdshow, I would be able to add DSP effects (check the audio config).

So now my Question, If I enable in ffdshow mp3, ogg etc, and I play an ogg vorbis music file in MediaPlayerClassic, will it use ffdshow (and the DSPeffects I added)? or will it still use MPC?

Would I need to uncheck ogg in Mpc or something for this?

1 minor question: if I already have msvcr71.dll in system32 folder, do I need to have it in the Ogg splitter folder? (if I would use the pack I'd like to know.)

EDIT:

Although I use WinAMP for Audio and MPC for video, MPC is so light and fast I also want it to be able to play a song sometimes.

I only use your Oggsplitter (cos its better then the one in MPC), Flac (cos otherwise no flacsupport in mpc/other apps) and Shoutcast (cos I think MPC doesnt have shoutcast support), so I added this to my RunOnceEx:

REG ADD %KEY%\021 /V 3 /D "REGSVR32.EXE /s "CoreFLACDecoder.ax"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\021 /V 4 /D "REGSVR32.EXE /s "ShoutcastSource.ax"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\021 /V 5 /D "REGSVR32.EXE /s "RLOgg.ax"" /f

And I use the DirectShowFilterManager.exe

All 4 files will be unpacked later during RunOnceEx to my system32 folder.

ffdshow.reg

Edited by ZileXa

The Tip,

With the Audio and Video Configuration of FFDshow you are able to export the settings. So I modded my settings just like your site says, merged the two .reg files (when exporting from Audio Configuration it will save a .reg file, dito for Video Configuration) and uploaded it for you. You can modify the .bat Installer so that it will apply the default recommended settings for Ffdshow by running the .reg file silently.

Although I respect your input, I don't think that would be such a good idea. If I would include a reg-file for FFDShow that would mean it would be imperative to install FFDShow prior to installing my DSFP. Also, I don't like the idea of forcing people to use those FFDShow settings. It should be their choice whether they want to use "Volume Normalization" or "Postprocessing" or not. And concerning the media types; I know you can enable or disable the FFDShow media types with reg-files, but since not everyone is using the same exact version of FFDShow I'm also not sure what to think of this either. I'll think about it.
So now my Question, If I enable in ffdshow mp3, ogg etc, and I play an ogg vorbis music file in MediaPlayerClassic, will it use ffdshow (and the DSPeffects I added)? or will it still use MPC?

Would I need to uncheck ogg in Mpc or something for this?

It's as simple as this: If you enable the integrated splitter/decoder filters in MPC it will use these. If you disable the integrated splitter/decoder filters in MPC it will use others fit for the job. (When I use MPC, I always have most of the integrated decoder filters disabled, this way I can enjoy Volume Normalization from FFDShow for low-volume AC3 sound for instance).
1 minor question: if I already have msvcr71.dll in system32 folder, do I need to have it in the Ogg splitter folder? (if I would use the pack I'd like to know.)
It would seem you're still using an old version of my DSFP, since I'm not including the RadLight OGG Splitter anymore. But anyway, with that splitter the msvcr71.dll file was included, because the splitter is made with .NET Framework I guess, so if someone didn't have Framework installed, with the dll-file the splitter would still work.

P.s. "I only use your Oggsplitter (cos its better then the one in MPC)".

If so, could you tell why you think this RadLight OGG Splitter is better than the one from Gabest? Because, like I said, I don't use the one from RadLight anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your pack. I am waiting for your "tweak guide", I hope it will be soon ;)

P.S: I want to learn quite more about splitters, filters... from the beginning, but I have not enough time for searching, reading and selecting. Can you suggest any place or something else which has all I need and no more? :}

Thanks.

Thank you for your pack

You're welcome.

I am waiting for your "tweak guide", I hope it will be soon

Yeah well, I'm still not sure whether I should finish this or not.

Some time ago by reading the Tactical Ops forums I discovered people were really interested in having a tweak-guide for them to get as much out of the old Unreal Tournament engine as possible. At the moment there are 2 threads you can take a look into:

- Tweaks, tweaked ini's and tips for everyone :)

- INI Updates

Although these will give you some information into how to tweak your TO installation, it's far from being enough.

The first thread the guy explains some things about how to clean your computer from spyware and such, but furthermore he just hands out some personal tweaked ini-files and most people just use them like that. Well that's pretty stupid, because tweaks are very personal and computer hardware/computer configuration dependant. I've also looked into these ini's shortly and there were quite some things that were far from optimum.

But the thing I'm really concerned about is the fact Tactical Ops: Crossfire has been released for UT2004.

You see TO is quite old, in fact, it's dying. And I'm not quite sure if it's worth all the effort to release a tweak-guide because of these reasons.

P.S: I want to learn quite more about splitters, filters...

At the moment the only links I quickly found are:

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectShow

- http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/

- http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/filterinstall.shtml

- http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=GraphEdit

- http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/graphedit.html

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a problem with "DirectShow FilterPack 2.1 (Unattended)*", it complains that the DSFP_Inst.bat file is missing, I'm assuming there's a problem with the argument for the path or something (requires quotes because of the space maybe?)...

Then I guess you must have done something wrong, because all the needed files are present in the archive, including the DSFP_inst.bat. I've shortly tested this stuff before putting it online and I didn't have any problems.

What exactly do you mean by "requires quotes because of the space"? What space?

Then I guess you must have done something wrong, because all the needed files are present in the archive, including the DSFP_inst.bat. I've shortly tested this stuff before putting it online and I didn't have any problems.

Yes I know that all the files are in the archive, I ended up using 7-zip to extract the files and launching DSFP_inst.bat from runonce. All I'm saying is that on my systems, executing the unattended file (double click, from command prompt, from runonce, etc.) results in the error message about missing DSFP_inst.bat.

• 7 months later...