DirectShow FilterPack

Reino

Description

DirectShow FilterPack is a lightweight package of DirectShow media filters which will enable you to play

many different kinds of encoded/encrypted audio and video with your favorite DirectShow media player.

It contains only the most important media filters. Hence it's possible to maintain a very small filesize!

Visit my website for the full documentation.

Current version: 5.00 (re-released)

Update [28-02-2012]

I've re-released DSFP 5.00. It's now compatible with Windows 7.

BUT, there won't be anymore future releases. DirectShow FilterPack 5.00 will be the last one.

I've released DC-Bass Source Mod (a fork for DCoder's Bass Source Filter), which has replaced

the "TAK Source Filter" as well as the "CDDA Source Filter" and so there are only 2 DirectShow

filters left; "DC-Bass Source Mod" and "LAV Filters", which isn't worth to continue DSFP.

Install LAV Filters and DC-Bass Source Mod and you're good to go!

Changelog

v5.00 (21122011)

• DCoder - BASS Source Filter           1.3.0.0 (13092010)    --> Hendrik Leppkes - LAV Filters 0.43.0.0 (21122011)
(MP3,AAC,M4A(AAC/ALAC),OGG,MPC,FLAC,WV,APE,TTA)
• Livio Cavallo - TAK Source Filter 0.0.1.5 (11052010) --> 0.0.1.6 (01122011)
• MPC-HC Team - AVI Splitter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) --> Hendrik Leppkes - LAV Filters 0.43.0.0 (21122011)
• MPC-HC Team - MPEG Splitter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) -/
• MPC-HC Team - MP4 Splitter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) -/
• MPC-HC Team - OGG Splitter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) -/
• MPC-HC Team - MKV Splitter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) -/
• MPC-HC Team - FLV Splitter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) -/
• MPC-HC Team - CDDA Reader Filter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) --> 1.5.3.3905 (21122011)
• MPC-HC Team - CDXA Reader Filter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) --> 1.5.3.3905 (21122011)
• MPC-HC Team - SHOUTcast Source Filter 1.5.2.3403 (15072011) --> DCoder - BASS Source Filter 1.3.0.0 (13092010)
• Readme updated

Windows 2000 edition

This version is especially put together for Windows 2000 users.

It contains the latest MPC-HC Team DirectShow filters working on the Windows 2000 operating system at this moment.

Edited by CoRoNe

This package also needs other software to function properly:

-First of all FFDShow is a must! (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm)

FFDShow is a very popular piece of software which enables you to view DivX/XviD movies for instance, but can do much, much more. For complete support, you need to enable a couple of formats. (see FFDShow Configuration)

[FFDShow Configuration]

Audio Decoder Configuration:

-MP1, MP2 --> libmad

-MP3      --> libmad

*AC3      --> liba52 (optional)

-DTS      --> libdts (see Known Issues)

-AAC      --> libfaad2

-Vorbis  --> libavcodec

-FLAC    --> disabled (FFDShow fails while rendering FLAC, hence the CoreCodec FLAC Decoder)

Video Decoder Configuration:

-Theora  --> libtheora

So, whether my package is better then FFDShow is not the question. Fact is, to be able to playback OGG and AAC files for instance you need an OGG splitter and an AAC splitter (both included), FFDShow does the rest (decoding). ;)

Edited by CoRoNe

The quick 1.8 update was because I had certain mp3's who where encoded in "Secure-mode" or something, and my m8 corone found a parser who could also play that :)

thnx ^^

btw, people who download n use this, u know u can post a lil thnk u ;)

Edited by Fridge-RaideR

• 2 weeks later...

With 1.8 (04okt 2005) I've been using the stable version ffdshow-20050930MSVC71.exe and I'm using it still.

Every week they seem to release a new version of FFDShow, but as long as your current version is still working fine why should you upgrade?

If I whould recommend a version it whould be the MSVC-version (Microsoft Visual Studio 2003). This one is a little slower then the normal ICL-version (Intel Compiler 9), but is more reliable due to better stability. I whould say...stability first. (and btw, you won't even notice that little performance decrease)

As you can see here on of the latest versions; ffdshow-20051015.torrent (18.8MB) also comes with a MSVC-version, so you can try that one (I haven't yet though).

Good Luck!

Edited by CoRoNe

Hmm... I might just be a n00b to this whole "Filter" thing as opposed to codec packs... :P

I've added this to my UA CD, with the filterpack placed in \$OEM$\$Progs\Media\FilterPack. I edited the install_all.bat file to use CMDOW and I removed the pause at the end as well (make it UA) - all the actual work is untouched. Is there anything else that I need to do in order to view DivX movies? I've tried using The Killer Bean 2, but WMP gives me the error that it can't download the codec. I thought that with filters, it shouldn't need codecs... no? :unsure:

My DirectShow Filterpack doesn't work alone:

This package also needs other software to function properly:

-First of all FFDShow is a must! (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm)

FFDShow is a very popular piece of software which enables you to view DivX/XviD movies for instance, but can do much, much more. For complete support, you need to enable a couple of formats. (see FFDShow Configuration)

And yes, you're right, just for playback you don't need codecs. Because codecs (encoding/decoding) you only need for content creation. The only codec I manually installed is the XviD codec, because from time to time I do some encoding stuff. But if you're not into encoding and only wish to playback your music/movies, filters (decoding) are all you need.

Doubleclicking the BAT-files is all that is needed for the installation. All you need to do to view your DivX movies properly is installing FFDShow (don't forget to configure properly).

Ok ive also edited the package a little to be more convenient for my purposes. :)

In install.bat i removed the PAUSE at the second to last line so it doesnt wait for the user to hit a key.

Also i repacked it as a silent SFX using WinRAR, so it extracts to the %ProgramFiles% folder and runs install.bat immediately afterwards.

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%ProgramFiles%\DirectShow FilterPack
SavePath
Setup=install_all.bat
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Just FYI in case anyone out there looking to do the same.

Good work CoRoNe this is a very useful pack! :thumbup

Next thing i need to find is the reg key to hide the FFDshow icons in the tray.

FFDshow installs silently using setup.exe /S btw. ;)

Edited by DigeratiPrime