Upgrading to 64bit need advice

glent

Im planning to upgrade my system over the next few months. I can only afford to a new cpu and motherboard, I will have to use my current nvidia 5700 AGP card for a while. My ram is ddr500 so that should be ok ? any ideas, There are so many type of 64bit cpus at the moment :o

yes I use an amd system, currenty overclocking my mobile 2500+ to 2500mhz (250x10) so the ram is running @ ddr500 or PC4000. Well im thinking that I should save for a pci express vga card then. Im on a tight budget though :(

little update , I found myslef a great motherboard graphics card combo deal down from £260 to £150 :o the grpahics card has a dual 6600gt chipset and the reviews on the net of these combo sounds awseome! It socket 939 and supports dual cores , so it future proof.

Gigabyte GV-3D1 with GA-K8NXP-SLI. Geforce Dual 6600GT Chip 256MB Graphics Accelerator bundled with GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard

Link to VGA card review

Now my next question is Sata 2 worth upgraing too? I currently have a 200 Gig and 1 160 gig IDE drives :unsure:

Edited by glent

I would recommend an upgrade to SATA only if you buy two identic hdd and put them into a raid configuration. This way you will see a noticeable performace boost.

And if you do get sata drives, be sure to get a new model that supports NCQ.