2 parts,each with xp on it

ripken204

Wait a sec....

If you go to Computer Management, right-click on the partition you want to hide and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.... Select the drive letter and click Remove. Click OK.

You shouldn't be able to access the partition now since there is no drive letter. This only applies once you're in Windows, so at boot, you'll be able to access (and boot from) both partitions.

And aren't you "The Hardware Guy"? Shouldn't you be able to get your dad a 500GB drive? :lol:

i hid the drive with tweakui. if i delete the drive letter on one of the installations then would it change nothing on the other?

and for the hdd, my dad doesnt want anything more, he doesnt even use 2 gigs with xp sp2. also his mobo only supports ide 66 hdds are those are pretty much obsolete. his comp runs very well tho considering he only uses the internet and MS excel.

i hid the drive with tweakui. if i delete the drive letter on one of the installations then would it change nothing on the other?

Deleting the drive letter doesn't affect the other installation. It just removes the means to access that drive from that installation. It's a Windows setting, not a hardware setting. :)