Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit

Budinski

I have this program setup.exe made with "Bootstrap for Visual Basic Setup Toolkit" as it's description. I use the /silent witch but it asks if it should keep a existing file or replace it. I don't care which answer it uses since it doesn't make a difference in the programs execution.

I need to know if there is a switch i can add to make it use the default answer?

OR

I found a setup.lst that i can add information to, but sadly i don't know what to add so it will use the default to copy, replace or keep the existing file. The file it is copying in is older than the one that exists (some shared dll's). I want to keep the existing one if that helps, just so i don't get problems later.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

P.S. I can't use the qn, qb or q(anything) switch. The installation doesn't reconize the switch.

• 1 month later...

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I would think you could just modify the *.lst file to not copy that particular file.

My research reveals the following...

the Setup.lst file contain a complete list of the files that the setup programs (setup.exe and setup1.exe) need to install on the user's computer. Each file is listed individually, on its own line, and must use the following format:

Filex= file,install,path,register,shared,date,size[,version]

More info here; Manually Editing a Setup.lst File

good luck. shark

• 3 months later...