µTorrent 1.2 (was 1.1)

prathapml

µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. With BitTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth.

Features:

- Written from scratch in C++ with efficiency in mind

- Manages multiple simultaneous downloads

- Smart bandwidth usage

- File level priorities

- Global and per-torrent upload/download rate limiting

- Quickly resumes interrupted transfers

- Universal Plug&Play (WinXP only)

- Supports popular protocol extensions

- Low memory footprint and decent speeds

- Attractive Interface: When hunting for mini-BTclients, interface it's usually the first thing that goes out the window for the sake of filesize / processing. This is not the case with µTorrent. All information that one routinely checks is represented (file listing, pieces, tracker details). This BitTorrent client seems to have all the best features of programs like Azureus, BitComet or ABC but is under 100K of size !

No Install Required.

Download - v1.1

Screenshot - screenshot.png

Homepage - http://utorrent.com

Edited by prathapml

It's nice, except it uploads way more than it downloads...

Have you tried the newest release? I didn't have any problem with that. But I admit limiting my upload speed so I don't take too much bandwith in a month and end up paying for that. You should maybe do that else it will use the maximum speed it can to upload. Moreover, downloading always depends on the speed of the source, which can be sometimes very low.

Wow... I'm stunned. It's downloading FedoraCore4 (all 4 discs) right now at a limited 100kbps and using a total of 3MB (yes three) of RAM... :o

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this one... if it runs for the week I'll be very happy.

Edited by Zxian