RunOnceEx Windows

ok do this..

in the runonceex.cmd file add the first bunch. then add 1 more item which will run runonceex2.cmd

int runonceex2.cmd add the next bunch (with the last item being runonceex3.cmd) and run rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

rinse, repeat...

That hit the nail on the head.. cheers!!

I find it quite ironic really, as when I first starting using RunOnceEx, I enquired about whether you could use this to launch anothe rinstance of the same.. with additional instructions... which I thought was the easist way of achieving what I wanted...

Since actually trying what you suggested, which indeed proved that it was possible... all of my prevous attempts have pretty much been a waste of time and effort lol!!

I have spent many many hous trying all sorts of other things which ultimately led me back to my original query.. which you have ansered!!

CHEERS :D:D:D

• 4 months later...

just to continue this.

Thanks for all help i can know happily split my runonceex.cmd and it relaunches and installs fine.

NOW,

i have too many apps for a single CD and wish to install these via runonceex, mainly for continuity and have so far managed to use cdswitch.exe, (thanks nanaki), and it autoruns and loads into the registry the runonceex commands needed, however it doesn't then run them until i logoff and on.

HOW do i avoid the logoff & on?

my runonceex.cmd

IF EXIST D:\CD.txt set CDROM=D:
IF EXIST E:\CD.txt set CDROM=E:
IF EXIST F:\CD.txt set CDROM=F:
IF EXIST G:\CD.txt set CDROM=G:
IF EXIST H:\CD.txt set CDROM=H:
IF EXIST I:\CD.txt set CDROM=I:
IF EXIST J:\CD.txt set CDROM=J:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Microsoft Money" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Money\syspack.msi /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Money\money.msi /qn BOOTSTRAPPERLAUNCH=yes" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Diskeeper" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Diskeeper\setup.exe /S /V/QN" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Diskeeper\Update1\DiskeeperProfessionalEdition.msi /quiet /norestart" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Diskeeper\Update2\DiskeeperProfessionalEdition.msi /quiet /norestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Zone Alarm" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\ZoneAlarm\zlsSetup_61_737_000_en.exe /s /i /noreboot" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "runhiddenconsole.exe /W %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess [color=#3366FF](=> not sure this need as it doesn't appear to do anything)[/color]

EXIT

this is called by an autorun.inf and as i said entries are added to registry, how do i then make it run? or is there a better way to do this.

Help appreciated,

oldman