Mybest printer plugin of xpe 314 for new bie

DrHoang

You all see all printer plugins ( Joshua and mine ) are not working well in XPE 104 &PE 314.

I always think the best way for you ( any new bie ), is to install Colin Finck ‘s dotnetfxpe-prefinal5 plugin together my printer one’s in your XPE .

So that, open all properties or preference of any printers in XPE is an easier problem than ever.

You could download Colin Finck ‘s dotnetfxpe-prefinal5 at his website Dotnetfxpe

and using my printer plugin by my ways:

I would like to remind you of some principal stades to making out any printer working so well in your XPE:

1)Copy all printer driver files from this folder of XP ( C:\windows\system32\spool\ drivers\w32x86\3\*.* to the Files folder of you printer plugin. In case of a color printer , copy C:\windows\system 32\spool\color\*.* also to Files( printers plugin )

2)Patch the BUD file in Files folder of your printer plugin with HEXedit 20 by going to search and replace: search for HEX 43003A( C ), replace with 5A003A( Z). So that, you convert this BUD file from C location to Z ramdisk.

3)You could be download this file printer.inf with registry in zip file at :

Printers.zip

4)This new printers.cmd of mine has a very simpler CODE:

@echo off

%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\Spool_SFX.exe

Exit

And how do you make the Spool_SFX.exe?

In that folder drivers( C:\windows\system32\Spool\drivers\),

you right click on 2 subfolders color and w32x86 and choose to:

- add to archive ( surely you must install WinRAR342 firstly in your hard disk)

- Archive name: Spool_SFX.exe ; marking on create SFX archive, create solid archive;

-Advanced options: click on SFX options ;

- Advanced SFX options: Path to extract( Z:\windows\system32\Spools\drivers\ );

- Mode : Hide all and overwrite all files;

- finally, OK;

It makes Spool_SFX.exe at once for you in some secondes . Put this file in printers plugin

4)You also have the autoprinters with user-home’s help with this CODE to start , stop spooling services and it makes your printer to appear in Controlpanel\ Printers and Faxes successfully

@echo off

title Start Printers

for %%i in (%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\*.reg) do regedit /s "%%i"

net start spooler

net stop spooler

for %%i in (%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\*.reg) do regedit /s "%%i"

net start spooler

%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\devcon update %SystemDrive%\i386\inf\msports.inf ACPI\PNP0400

Exit

5)You should make your printers.reg by yourself with any trade mark printer of yours by:

a)Export reg of your printer firstly from 5 locations in your windows XP:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Printer Name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet\Control\Print\Environtments\WindowsNTx 86\Drivers\ Version-3\ Printer Name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Currentversion\Print\Printers\ Printer Name

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Control\Print\

b)Open a blank printer.reg by notepad and add 3 initial lines like following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]

“SystemSetupInProgress”=dword:00000000

- After that line, add 5 portions of reg just exported from XP in hard disk:

c)Save all with the new name ( Printers. reg ). Put it in printers plugin.

6) You coiuld add some lines in the printers.inf to run each cmd file by a separate icon( made by Icon grabber or Extract Icon ) much easily in XPE Quick Launch..

[software.AddReg]

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\QuickLaunch","Autoprinters","%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\AutoPrinters.cmd||%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\AutoPrinters.ico"

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\QuickLaunch","Printers","%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\Printers.cmd||%SystemDrive%\Programs\Printers\Printers.ico"

7)You better run the printers.cmd firstly and secondly: autorunprinters.cmd.

You must see all your printer name appear certainly in Control panel\ Printers and Faxes and there is no difficulty when you open properties and printer preferences of any printer now with the use Colin Finck ‘s dotnetfxpe-prefinal5 plugin in XPE.

Allprinters2.JPG

Dr Hoang from Vietnam