Intel Chipset Drivers for WinXP Pro Confusion

moerl

Please take a quick look here: http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,14416704

I thought since we're at MSFN.org here someone here might know what's up with Intel and their confusing way of dealing with chipset drivers. Unless I'm missing something or my Chipset is indeed using old drivers and is not supported by the latest ones.

The issue summed up: I reinstalled Windows yesterday, (using my first ever n-Lited ISO :)), and now I'm looking for the correct and latest chipset drivers for my system. I have a laptop and it uses the Intel 855 chipset. For further detail, visit the link above.

I'm just trying to figure out which set of drivers really is the latest for my chipset, that's all.

Thanks

Please take a quick look here: http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,14416704

I thought since we're at MSFN.org here someone here might know what's up with Intel and their confusing way of dealing with chipset drivers. Unless I'm missing something or my Chipset is indeed using old drivers and is not supported by the latest ones.

The issue summed up: I reinstalled Windows yesterday, (using my first ever n-Lited ISO :)), and now I'm looking for the correct and latest chipset drivers for my system. I have a laptop and it uses the Intel 855 chipset. For further detail, visit the link above.

I'm just trying to figure out which set of drivers really is the latest for my chipset, that's all.

Thanks

Your drivers are on this page

Intel® 852/855 Chipset Family

If you are unsure which to use, download the Intel® Chipset Identification Utility

Edited by DarkShadows

Thanks

Your drivers are on this page

Intel® 852/855 Chipset Family

If you are unsure which to use, download the Intel® Chipset Identification Utility

So when I click through all that stuff, I get to this page: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...44&submit=Go%21

Now, it seems as though the 7.x version is the latest right? That's what I wanted to install at first, but then I checked the release notes.. and well, the Intel 855PM is NOT supported. THAT's why this is confusing :/

Now, it seems as though the 7.x version is the latest right? That's what I wanted to install at first, but then I checked the release notes.. and well, the Intel 855PM is NOT supported. THAT's why this is confusing :/

Your chipset is supported in this version

v6.3.0.1007 12/16/2004

Intel does not update all drives with each new InfUpdate InfUpdate is more like a collection of drivers. Don't worry so much about about the date, just get the latest driver for your board.

In fact I just downloaded the file myself and looked inside your driver hasn't been updated since 10/31/2002

Here is the Install link, the link above was to the .zip

infinst_enu.exe Ver:6.3.0.1007

Edited by DarkShadows