Converting XP Corp to OEM version

matty

Yes it does and other files

BTW why would you want to do this?

I've completed an XP Corp unattanded install for one place now i'm at another place i was going to try and modify the XP Corp so i can use it here where they only buy OEM version of Windows.

Any help would be great.

Matty

To change the type of XP eg. SEL / VOL / OEM / RETAIL

the following files are the ones that determine the type:

EDIT . . . the EULA.TXT is different for each also

but it isnt a required file in determining the type of XP.

shark

Edited by xper

guys come on, plug the brain cells in.

Discussion of circumventing activation/timebombs will also not be tolerated. If you ignore any of the aforementioned you will receive a final warning. If you choose to continue, you will be banned without notice.

EDIT . . . the EULA.TXT is different for each also

Here are the individual values, the first and last values are interchangeable but you should keep them together:

You should remember that doing this might be considered illegal( but not sure) in Microsoft's eyes so as such it's not something I would recommend to do.

Edited by xper

You should remember that doing this might be considered illegal in Microsoft's eyes so as such it's not something I would recommend to do

it is.

please stop making it worse by posting more on how to do it.

How is it illegal? Such method does not circumvent activation.

I needed a cd for my legit MSDNAA xp pro license but you can only check out (borrow) the cd, otherwise pay $16 for your own media. Ok, first of all I am sure the hologram cost $15 and the cd itself $.99. In the end, I paid nothing for my legit license and to use it. I even replaced EULA.TXT with the correct EULA.

Edited by xper

because it is turning one version of windows, into another, without paying for it, therefore giving you two versions of windows for the price of one product.

yes little difference between them blah blah, but its not how MS sees it. Dont believe me - ring them and ask.

Edited by FthrJACK

because it is turning one version of windows, into another, without paying for it, therefore giving you two versions of windows for the price of one product.

yes little difference between them blah blah, but its not how MS sees it. Dont believe me - ring them and ask.

For me .. i think it is illigal..

coz Different version of windows cost DIFFERENT...

its not the question of CD-KEY

Its matter of altering the version ...

The way MS looks at it:

you go into a nice resteraunt, as a couple. you buy one starter and one meal, then split them between the plates. your both taking up seats, your both drinking the free wine, but only paying for one person.

or you buy a Ferrari and find a way of turning it into 2 ferraris for nothing.

They take the same attitude to you turning XP pro into Home even though Home is a lesser, and cheaper product. As well as obviously turning home into pro .. corp .. etc...

Windows is a proprietry piece of software, and as you know MS spends a lot of time, effort, programming time and lawyer money on keeping it that way.

License/product keys don't appear out of thin air

People like us don't give a $hit about paying $15 for a hologram stamped to a 99cent (or you can get them for 30 cents a cd in a 100 spindle) CD.

I just found an article about this method for Win2000 that actually bypasses needing a CD key/license. That I consider illegal, and sometimes I just don't give a hoot what that manufacturer has to say sometimes. Are EULAs even admissable as legal contracts?

Edited by redxii