Windows Vista (new 3D) games

pwner

Did anyone manage to extract those new versions of games from Windows Vista (Beta) and made it available for public? Maybe even made it possible to install or even to replace the current old versions of games (Minesweeper, etc.) in XP?

As much as i like your avatar and sig i dont like sounding rude!

But why do you have 2 threads about the same thing?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=56491

The same reason you asked me this question twice, in both threads. Now all you need to do is answer your own question, it shouldn't be too hard, even for a n00b.

My question was. "why do you have 2 threads about the same thing"

How can I answer that question when I don't have threads about the same thing

Look no need to be calling people n00bs I was just asking a simple question what is your problem.

Getting back on topic, I do have the latest vista build and can maybe get you those games but I doubt they will work on XP

Maybe the games would also run under win 98 .

Maybe they would. DirectX library is universal.

haha Yeah right.

It's directx 10 which only works on vista. Yeah not even WinXP. ;)

Besides you need a few other goodies which are xp and vista only as well. So yeah time for you Win2K users to get with the program. ;)

Was ment as a joke. Win2K is a pefectly good OS. :thumbup

Edited by war59312

Maybe the games would also run under win 98 .

Maybe they would. DirectX library is universal.

haha Yeah right.

It's directx 10 which only works on vista. Yeah not even WinXP. ;)

DirectX 10 is not even released yet, n00b. It's currently only in testing phase. And when it's released, Microsoft isn't just going to dump the rest of the OSes except Vista.

So yeah time for you Win2K users to get with the program. ;)

Not all people are rich enough to "get with the program", spoiled n00b. And even so, it's hard to "get with the program" when Windows Vista isn't even released yet.

Edited by pwner

Those games will not work on 98, 2000 or XP for that matter. Most everything in Vista is linked against new system components that have changed dramitacally.

Try running Vista programs on XP and you get errors about not being able to find certain functions. If you hunt down those DLL's from Vista and use them on XP you'll get errors about not being able to certain entry points in the kernel.

Those games will not work on 98, 2000 or XP for that matter. Most everything in Vista is linked against new system components that have changed dramitacally.

Try running Vista programs on XP and you get errors about not being able to find certain functions. If you hunt down those DLL's from Vista and use them on XP you'll get errors about not being able to certain entry points in the kernel.

There ya have it!

But yes, it took me ages to move from 95 to XP, os of choice has no determination of the n00bness level...unless of course, you're using wfw311 or os2, etc...THEN you must upgrade, er, if you can :}

DirectX 10 is not even released yet, n00b. It's currently only in testing phase. And when it's released, Microsoft isn't just going to dump the rest of the OSes except Vista.

Not all people are rich enough to "get with the program", spoiled n00b. And even so, it's hard to "get with the program" when Windows Vista isn't even released yet.

:lol: First of all I am not a n00b as you put it. You would know that if you did some research. ;) Also, calling someone a newbie is childish. (And no, I am not questioning your age or intelligence buddy.) So please stop. Thank you!

Second of all I realize that DirectX 10 not released yet. In fact, things have changed since my last post. A few Microsoft gurus had said that Microsoft would back-port Direct10 to WinXP which is now NOT the case and will be only for Vista. However, apparently WinXP will get some sort of "DirectX" upgrade. What that means, I'm not 100% sure ATM, so I will not speculate.

Yes, I realize, many apon many, people are not "rich" enough to buy a copy of Windows. I myself have never bought a copy of Windows. There are always aways around that... :w00t:

Also, the Win2K line was meant as a joke. However, since you questioned it; in reality, I was simply implying that if you want the features (the games), then it's time to upgrade. That is, when Vista is released. I'm perfectly aware of the fact that Vista is still in beta, being a Vista, and a longtime Microsoft, beta tester myself.

Take Care,

Will

Edited by war59312