the riaa shut's down all the p2p networks

kurt476

I read that they've even infultrated the Internet2 networks on college campuses.  I sure hope that somehow, someway... someone finds out a  way to make a program that is completely and truely peer-to-peer.  That way there will be no central location of business.  There will be no 'business' to shut down.  C'mon all you code freaks!  Get to it!

BitTorrents doesn't require a tracker, making it decentralized, depending on the client used, like Azureus. So your idea already exists, but no one seems to be using decentralized tracking for some reason.

Yeah, I knew that the decentralized networks existed... but it seems that the applications that in a sense create these networks are created and updated by 'big business' or something that can be shut down. There also needs to be a way to figure out dup'd and 'RIAA Files' so-to-speak.

There is hope. Slyck News has reported that there is now a current work around to connect to the WinMX network through the hosts file which will allow connection to the supernodes. I guess this would be like putting a neon sign on your forehead to the RIAA though that you're a serious pirate, lol. Hopefully it will be back online soon, kinda doubt it though.