Which VISTA for you?

Press any key

Do you intend obtaining VISTA - which one  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you intend obtaining VISTA - which one

• Str - Windows Vista Starter Edition
    • Home N - Windows Vista Home N Edition (Europe only)
    • Home B - Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
    • Home P - Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
    • Prof N - Windows Vista Professional N Edition (Europe only)
    • Prof - Windows Vista Professional Edition
    • Sm Bus - Windows Vista Small Business Edition
    • Ent -Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
    • Ult - Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
    • NONE - It's NOT for me!
    • Maybe - But at a later date than release
    • Never - Don't use Windows
    • Depends - On the Price, The Price, The Price!
    • I'm afraid I'll be buying a tank of gas/petrol

I voted for starter edition, just cuz its the same as all the rest, cept cheaper...and then..well...my next step would involve getting that thing that 'unlocks'  :P So poof i instantly have Vista UE! B)  ;)

Hate rain on your warez / freeloader parade, but MS has already thought well in advance for pirated copies or cd keys. Starter Ed as any other rely upon dependencies to function. Starter Ed is not a full version the same with Professional or Basic.

I voted for starter edition, just cuz its the same as all the rest, cept cheaper...and then..well...my next step would involve getting that thing that 'unlocks'  :P So poof i instantly have Vista UE! B)  ;)

Hate rain on your warez / freeloader parade, but MS has already thought well in advance for pirated copies or cd keys. Starter Ed as any other rely upon dependencies to function. Starter Ed is not a full version the same with Professional or Basic.

microsofts track record on security and piracy provention goes against them.

i wont be able to make up my mind which one i run untill i know whats on them all, but i'll probably be getting an msdn subscription before then so i'll probably be getting them all anyway :P

I'll continue to use XP and 2000 on my machines until I need a feature in Vista. But naturally, I won't go rushing to update my systems. I think i'll wait a year after release. Christamas 2007 maybe.

It'll all depend on if there's a similarly priced piece of hardware out there that I want more...I mean....the $300 USD that Ultimate edition will probably cost is more than enough for a mid-high-end video card, say, or....3 GB of ram.... :P I'll run XP until something really mouth-watering gets into Vista.

Starter edition will limit you to open a max of 3 applications at once + limit of 800x600 resolutioon + lots of disadvantages... tongue.gif

Ahahaha, that's such bul*****! I'm usin' 2000 and 98SE until I die!

I'm probably going to be going head first into Vista...

Being a technician at a computer store I like to use whatever is becoming standard so that when it comes into the store for repair, I'm already familiar with it...

This is why I can pull many a rabbit out of my hat when dealing with XP...

My frame of mind is "It doesn't matter which OS is 'better', if it's the standard then it's the replacement. Deal with it."

I'll probably use Home Premium, Professional Premium, and Ultimate Editions...

Home Premium on my HTPC, Pro Premium on my X64 machine, and Ultimate Edition on my server (When she's built)

I wouldn't dream of going for vista, as long as there is.

A > no Winfs, B> no Full OPEN-GL support, C> no SRP-1 to fix the first 300 security isues.

I have to realy say, Ill stick to windows 2000 as long as i can, and probebly migrate to linux as soon as my windows box does no longer sufice...

would probbebly be arround the time of the full kernel support to NILFS

I put Ultimate, but he more I read about the so called "features" (safer computing/DRM and such) the more and more XP is looking like it works good :P, especially considering that many of the features that i liked (winFS) are coming to XP

man, just seeing the screenshots for Vista makes me run as fast as I can back to my windows 2000 box. I'm with -I- on this one, win2k until I DIE! Oh and by the way, I went to windows update on my laptop the other day (which has WinXP Home.) I was irritated when I found that MS created a nice update for implementing even more DRM into XP. By the time Vista comes out, XP will already have all of the "features" of digital rights management that Vista is going to have.

• 4 weeks later...
Starter edition will limit you to open a max of 3 applications at once + limit of 800x600 resolutioon + lots of disadvantages... tongue.gif

Ahahaha, that's such bul*****! I'm usin' 2000 and 98SE until I die!

I do not now how old you are but if you are around the 30 its impossible until you keep the same computer. 98 wont support the most systems and 2000 wont be get driver support after 2010.