windows media center in single disk

i m having windows media center

it is into couple of disks

now i have used Windows Unattended CD Creator and nlite to customis my windows etup copy. when i removed unwanted languages and settings from these softares (Windows Unattended CD Creator and nlite) the size of first disk I386 becomes 500mb or less than that ...

now i have second disk of media center containg these files cabs ..cmponent, netfx, mediacnt and tablepc

as u all know as above software creat winnt.sif file in I386 folder for unattended setup.

now if i add these cabs files or folder with first disk the size if less than 700 mb

THATS MEAN WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER CAN BE BURNED IN SINGLE DISK WITH UNATTENDED SETUP PROCESS

i tried that but windows get installed in normall way but media setup and those cab files (cmponent, netfx, mediacnt and tablepc) are not installed

so whats matter??

1) will i have to edit winnt.sif ?? or dosnet.ini in I386 folder??

2) i got d1 d2 d3 d4 switches in dosnet.ini what are these for?? are they directory or disk indicator??

3) as i m adding cmponent, netfx, mediacnt and tablepc cab folder in same dingle disk will i have to change D2 D3 D4 TO D1 in dosnet.ini ??

4) if not were should i edit path for these cab files??

5) other than winnt.sif and donnet.ini is their any other file which can be edited to modify windows setup??

6) how cab files can be installed??

please help me

its really intrested to edit microsoft code pages.

please reply and help

i m not using nlite i m using windows unattended creator

wat do u mean by " do it as describle by other??

can u post it what is describe by other ?? exactly what?? i didnt found any help from another form post??

I M USING THE CD KEY EXACTLY WHAT I WAS USING TO INSTALL MEDIA CENTER AS USUALL (BEFORE UNATTENDED SETUP MODIFICATION)

I HAVE KEPT IT IN ROOT DIRECTORY

BY THW WAY WHAT SOULD BE DIROCTORY PATH ACORDING TO U??

PLEASE ANSWER THESE IF POSSIBLE

I REALLY NEED A EXPERT GUIDE AND SUGGETION

i tried that but windows get installed in normall way but media setup and those cab files (cmponent, netfx, mediacnt and tablepc) are not installed

so whats matter??

1) will i have to edit winnt.sif ?? or dosnet.ini in I386 folder??

2) i got d1 d2 d3 d4 switches in dosnet.ini what are these for?? are they directory or disk indicator??

3) as i m adding cmponent, netfx, mediacnt and tablepc cab folder in same dingle disk will i have to change D2 D3 D4 TO D1 in dosnet.ini ??

4) if not were should i edit path for these cab files??

5) other than winnt.sif and donnet.ini is their any other file which can be edited to modify windows setup??

6) how cab files can be installed??

• 3 weeks later...

You can add the second cd to the first cd by editing the txtsetup.sif file editing the entries that say %cd2name% change to %cdname% then copy the files and folders to the root directory of the windows cd and it will not ask for the second cd anymore.

Edited by K e n

• 2 months later...
You can add the second cd to the first cd by editing the txtsetup.sif file editing the entries that say %cd2name% change to %cdname% then copy the files and folders to the root directory of the windows cd and it will not ask for the second cd anymore.

that's good