Changing Properties Of System Files

cruelpupet

Id reccomend finding out the name of the virus and looking for a fix on Nortons website....that might fix the problem from happening in the future, but im not sure if it will fix the damage that it has caused...

Once you find the name of the virus, someone might of deveopled a fix for it....

Good luck and all search some viruses data bases for that description...

=Drew

Are you able to see these MP3? If not right click my computer/explorer/tools/folder options/view and in the advance settings box do the following...

check "show hidden files and folders"

uncheck "hide extension for know file types"

uncheck "hide protected operating system files"

If you can see them have you tried to just rename them to songname.mp3?

Ok be fore warned editing your registry can cause your system to become fubar... with that said I would recommend you copy your registry to another folder for safety.

Click Start > type regedit > navagate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden"

Change Dword from 0 to 1

this will show all your Super Secret Files... Oh yeah. Not what you can do is open a command prompt and navagate to where you have the *mp3's

You should be able to see them now. Now type at the prompt attrib -R -A -S -H *.mp3 then click enter. This should clear all hidden attributes but I dont guarentee it. Cant hurt to try though