Setting Up Security Templates

Ok Here's one for you guys, I have a security template that is used at work. How do I incorparate that with my UA DVD? How and where do I place it to get it to install. Do I use RunOnceEX.cmd, or winnt.sif.

I appreciate the help.

By default local security templates are stored at %windir%\security\templates. I haven't tested, but I would guess that if you copied your specific security template to the $OEM$\$$\security\templates folder on your UA CD then it would be copied to the correct folder on your hard drive during Windows installation. I'm not sure how you might automatically apply that security template. I think you might have to do that manually post-installation. Or perhaps some VBscript might be written to simulate the keystrokes required to do it?

In a corporate environment one might use a gpupdate script to automatically configure group policy settings according to the template within Active Directory. But I think that's an answer to a different question.

This is how I used to do it from RunonceEx.inf

- - - - - <snip> - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install60",,,"Applying Security Template"
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install60",1,,"%11%\cmd /c copy ""%10%\security\Database\secedit.sdb"" ""%10%\security\Database\WinXPPro.sdb"""
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install60",2,,"%11%\cmd /c copy ""%24%\install\Security\WinXPPro.inf"" ""%10%\security\templates\"""
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install60",3,,"%11%\secedit /configure /db ""%10%\security\Database\WinXPPro.sdb"" /cfg ""%10%\security\templates\WinXPPro.inf"" /overwrite /log ""%10%\Temp\securcfg.log"" /quiet"
- - - - - <snip> - - - - -

The idea may help you with your particular setup