CDImage and WinISO

thegafferazzasatz

First of all if it is simple Win2003-SP1 that you are trying put on the CD & is biggefr than 700 mb you are out of luck.

If you have applied the patch to the installation files copied to your hard disk & the folder is larger than 700 mb you are still out of luck. Optimisation works only on identical duplicate files. If you have 2 different file versions both will be copied. I doubt very much if you would find duplicate files on an installation cd.

Any way the original microsoft cdimage.exe does a better job than any other iso creator including extra long file names & believe me I have tried almost all of them.

First of all if it is simple Win2003-SP1 that you are trying put on the CD & is biggefr than 700 mb you are out of luck.

If you have applied the patch to the installation files copied to your hard disk & the folder is larger than 700 mb you are still out of luck. Optimisation works only on identical duplicate files. If you have 2 different file versions both will be copied. I doubt very much if you would find duplicate files on an installation cd.

Any way the original microsoft cdimage.exe does a better job than any other iso creator including extra long file names & believe me I have tried almost all of them.

/bump

I agree. cdimage.exe has worked wonders for me.

Qz

• 3 weeks later...
does any of these two programs work better than the other as i have a sp1ed 2003 that i made that wont fit on a normal cdr, that was done in WinISO.

WinISO is buggy program. I'm using MagicISO, It is better than WinISO.