Event ID 333

Dredz

Hi

I am getting hundreds of errors in the event viewer all pertaining to:

Application Popup Event ID 333

It’s a little worrying, can anyone shed any light on what this is and how to fix it?

Please :huh:

thank you

Edited by Dredz

I eventually found a site where I could get some information without having to pay for a subscription. That is, registration is free. I did not hack my way in.

The site is www.evtcatalog.com. Here's the information about Application PopupEvent ID 333 that I was able to find:

CAUSE:

This issue may occur if Veritas Backup Exec version 8.6, revision 3808 or 3878, is configured to perform backups on the server by using the Mailbox option. Backup Exec does not properly close the connections that it opens to the Microsoft Exchange server. This eventually consumes all of the available client access licenses.

This issue does not occur with the Information Store backup option in Backup Exec.

RESOLUTION:

Although the license errors will stop appearing, Backup Exec still creates the connections without properly closing them. To work around this behavior, use any of the following methods:

1. Stop and restart the Backup Exec Job engine to release the used licenses.

2. Use the Information Store backup option in Backup Exec instead of the Mailbox option.

I'd be curious to know if this information is correct or not. I'd bet it's pretty close. Hopefully it's of use to you.