Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

I installed nero 7.5.1.1 (Nero7 Ultra) silently (on MS virtual pc2007) by using methods quoted here using the switch

/qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" in the original installer. installation went fine, but showed two errors

Unable to register C:\Program Files\Ahead\Lib\NSG_dxFilter.dll.

Error code 21

The speciFied module could not be Found,

ERROR = 126

FACITLITY = 7

and

Unable to register C:\Program Files\Common es\Ahead\Lib\Nero3DMenuEFFects. dll.

Error code

The speciFied module could not be Found.

ERROR = 126

FACITLITY = 7

:wacko:

If someone can help with the problem

Thanks in advance

CoolDude i'm pretty sure this is because you need a newer directX installed first. I had the same problem too

this is what I use to install Nero 7 premium (the latest version)

@echo off
REM CREATED BY KINGFIRE>>don't remove this **** line!!
REM I hope it works with you as it worked with me!!
cd /d "%~dp0"
color 0a
if exist "%systemdrive%\Nero\setupx.exe" RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Nero"
mkdir %systemdrive%\Nero
Title Installing NERO 7 by KingFire
echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
echo :::::::::::Welcome to Nero 7 Installer::::::::
echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
echo extracting files....Please Wait...
START "" /WAIT /HIGH "7za.exe" x "nero.exe" -o"%systemdrive%\Nero" -aoa
echo extracting done!
echo installing DirectX...
start "" /wait "%systemdrive%\Nero\Redist\DirectX\dxsetup.exe" /silent
echo DirectX has installed
echo installing Nero 7 (meh! finally!) PLEASE WAIT...
start "" /wait %systemdrive%\Nero\setupx.exe /qb! /norestart SERIALNUM="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" RebootYesNo="No"
echo Finally, it's installed!!
echo clean your system...
del /f /s /q "%systemdrive%\Nero\*.*"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Nero"
del /f /q "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\Nero StartSmart.ink"
del /f /q "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\Nero Home.ink"
copy /y "Nero.ico" "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Ahead"
xxmklink "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\Nero StartSmart" "%%programfiles%%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe" "-ScParameter=8" "" "" "" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Ahead\Nero.ico" /q
echo cleanning your system is completed.
exit

I used the original nero package (yeah didn't modify anything), I use 7za.exe to extract the original package files, then run the setupx.exe from where 7za.exe extract the files

no more directX problems

xxmklink is a tool that makes shortcuts, I used it becuase I hate the Nero StartSmart icon on the desktop, I used an other cool icon

see the pic,

Nero.jpg

then as always I used 7zip to make it switchless (config.txt + 7zsd.sfx + *.7z)

I hope this helps you

• 2 weeks later...

used this script and I thought it installed ok, but I got an error referencing this line of code:

If $HLP = 1 Or $NV4 = 1 Then RunWait ( @ComSpec & " /c " & "xcopy /EQY " & Chr ( 34 ) & "Nero 7" & Chr ( 34 ) & " " & Chr ( 34 ) & $ID & Chr ( 34 ), @ProgramFilesDir & "\Nero", @SW_HIDE )

and even though I had Scout set to 0 (not installed) after reboot it was there in the taskbar integrated and also those files mentioned a few posts up were running in the background... I used the 7.10.1.0 update file from the nero.com site... is this the correct installation file to be using with this script?

going to uninstall and try again...

Edited by benjamminzIS

I used the 7.10.1.0 update file from the nero.com site... is this the correct installation file to be using with this script?
Please use the original trial version. I’m surprised to see that the upgrade version gets installed even if you don’t have any previous version.
also just noticed that it spits the cd out when finished burning even though that option was set null
If you read the settings more closely you see that you have to set this value to true (1).
$ECD = 1; Prevent the CD/DVD from ejecting after burning is complete

If you read the settings more closely you see that you have to set this value to true (1).
$ECD = 1; Prevent the CD/DVD from ejecting after burning is complete

wow talking about feeling stoopid... haha!

and thanks for the info!!!

Edited by benjamminzIS

I installed nero 7.5.1.1 (Nero7 Ultra) silently (on MS virtual pc2007) by using methods quoted here using the switch

/qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" in the original installer. installation went fine, but showed two errors

Unable to register C:\Program Files\Ahead\Lib\NSG_dxFilter.dll.

Error code 21

The speciFied module could not be Found,

ERROR = 126

FACITLITY = 7

and

Unable to register C:\Program Files\Common es\Ahead\Lib\Nero3DMenuEFFects. dll.

Error code

The speciFied module could not be Found.

ERROR = 126

FACITLITY = 7

:wacko:

If someone can help with the problem

Thanks in advance

you have to update the directx before doing unattended install. this error was already discussed before.

• 10 months later...
Script is in the same dir as the executables... I get msg box that popups "Nero Executable not found"

Any help??

Hi Bubbabad!

This script is searching for a file starting with Nero-7*.exe in the same dir. Make sure that for an example Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_trial.exe exist in the same directory and try again. Remember that I have not tested this script with any other setup package, so use it at your own risk.

• 5 months later...

Looks like there is no longer any way to download the trial from Nero. Links to 7 get redirected and the only page where 7 is downloadable is from an update.

The file is:

Nero-7.11.10.0_all_update.exe

MD5: C930907465AC02EE33522E01A80F0A6A

Anyone have any luck in getting this script to work with this latest version from Ahead's site?

If not anyone have suggestions on how I can get the older 7.10.1.0 trial exe?

Or can someone supply filenames and hashes.

I found a full version:

Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_full.exe

MD5: E7C94A757600BD631807692B7BCD2BA4

But not sure if this a valid file or not, can someone confirm the MD5 hash. I tried contating Nero, but get no response, go figure they are probably too busy refunding peoples money for v9 ;)

Will this work with a retail exe?

Also I believe that maybe Nero added these apps in later versions and I noticed the script did not have these listed an install option variables at the beginning: Nero Sipps and Nero ScratchBox.

Not sure what an MD5 is, see this tool:

HashTab

Edited by jfcarbel

Looks like there is no longer any way to download the trial from Nero. Links to 7 get redirected and the only page where 7 is downloadable is from an update.

The file is:

Anyone have any luck in getting this script to work with this latest version from Ahead's site?

If not anyone have suggestions on how I can get the older 7.10.1.0 trial exe?

Or can someone supply filenames and hashes.

I found a full version:

But not sure if this a valid file or not, can someone confirm the MD5 hash. I tried contating Nero, but get no response, go figure they are probably too busy refunding peoples money for v9 ;)

Will this work with a retail exe?

Also I believe that maybe Nero added these apps in later versions and I noticed the script did not have these listed an install option variables at the beginning: Nero Sipps and Nero ScratchBox.

Not sure what an MD5 is, see this tool:

HashTab

Yes it will work with that version all nero single language installers are the same file just renamed look at the hash for my version.

I use CEoCEo script my self works great.

Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_trial.exe

Yes it will work with that version all nero single language installers are the same file just renamed look at the hash for my version.

I use CEoCEo script my self works great.

Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_trial.exe

Thanks for confirmation on the hash.

How long have you been using 7 and does it seem stable? What do you choose to install or avoid?

Looks like latest version is 7.11.10.0, have you upgraded to this version? Just wondering if maybe they just added more bloat in the newer version.

I only use Recode and use Nero for audio CD creation and Cover Designer. Not much else. I wanted to use this AutoIt script since all the Lite versions never include Recode which is part of Nero Vision. Seems like using this installer is almost comparable to the Nero Lite, but it lets me allow Nero Recode to be added back into the mix.

One concern I have is that the 2 versions significantly differ in sizes. See below.

So just what is packed in that latest version of Nero? I opened the EXE using 7-Zip and the size differences seem to be in the CAB files. I know that older versions on Nero 6 used to offer Nero Vision/Recode as a separate download.

Can someone who uses the older 7.10.1.0 confirm that it does include Nero Vision/Recode. And if so then what is making it such a big difference in size. Maybe its this Nero Sipps or something else.

Size: 173 MB (182,002,016 bytes)

Size: 388 MB (406,903,544 bytes)

Edited by jfcarbel