Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

Thanks Schmitty! You really are a source of ideas. Template Package for Nero Vision 4 (NV4Content.exe) and multiple serial numbers to activate plugins are now on my to-do list.

BTW, it’s a real shame that Nero 7 Helpfile Pack and Template Package for Nero Vision 4 extraction path is hardcoded in the SFX. If there is a way to extract to a custom dir, please let me know.

Thanks Schmitty! You really are a source of ideas. Template Package for Nero Vision 4 (NV4Content.exe) and multiple serial numbers to activate plugins are now on my to-do list.

BTW, it’s a real shame that Nero 7 Helpfile Pack and Template Package for Nero Vision 4 extraction path is hardcoded in the SFX. If there is a way to extract to a custom dir, please let me know.

Yes, it is a shame they are hardcoded :wacko: . I just extracted each SFX and created a new SFX for each package using my custom install path.

Perhaps also you could add the option to set AdvancedMode in StartSmart (HKCU\Software\Ahead\Nero StartSmart\Settings). And LastUserAutomaticUpdateDays in Nero Update (HKLM\Software\Ahead\Installation\Settings) to change number of days before Nero checks for updates.

I found a way of installing SFX packs when using a custom installation path and added a few more requested tweaks. ;)

Changelog: 1.5

* Added: Optional install of Template Package for Nero Vision 4 (NV4content.exe)

* Added: Special treatment of SFX packs when using a custom installation path

* Added: Ability to activate additional Plug-ins

* Added: Option to set Advanced Mode in StartSmart

* Added: Option to run BurnRights to allow all users logged on locally to burn media

* Added: Option to change number of days before Nero checks for updates

I believe this script is getting as complete as it can be and the real work is now to get this updated for future versions, don’t you all agree? :D

Script is found in my signature.

I found a way of installing SFX packs when using a custom installation path and added a few more requested tweaks. ;)

Changelog: 1.5

* Added: Optional install of Template Package for Nero Vision 4 (NV4content.exe)

* Added: Special treatment of SFX packs when using a custom installation path

* Added: Ability to activate additional Plug-ins

* Added: Option to set Advanced Mode in StartSmart

* Added: Option to run BurnRights to allow all users logged on locally to burn media

* Added: Option to change number of days before Nero checks for updates

I believe this script is getting as complete as it can be and the real work is now to get this updated for future versions, don’t you all agree? :D

Script is found in my signature.

Yes, that's good :thumbup .

Edited by Schmitty

I installed nero 7.5.1.1 (Nero7 Ultra) silently (on MS virtual pc2007) by using methods quoted here using the switch

/qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" in the original installer. installation went fine, but showed two errors

Unable to register C:\Program Files\Ahead\Lib\NSG_dxFilter.dll.

Error code 21

The speciFied module could not be Found,

ERROR = 126

FACITLITY = 7

and

Unable to register C:\Program Files\Common es\Ahead\Lib\Nero3DMenuEFFects. dll.

Error code

The speciFied module could not be Found.

ERROR = 126

FACITLITY = 7

:wacko:

If someone can help with the problem

Thanks in advance

post-90130-1185687729_thumb.jpg

post-90130-1185687810_thumb.jpg

The 1.5 script works great but I'm left with the Weather Channel prompt that I manually have to select. Tried to edit different "button" combinations in your script without success. Any ideas?

Thanks twaydb for finding this bug! :thumbup

I never thought anyone was using this type of distribution. :P

Script now automatically removes The Weather Channel Desktop installer to prevent execution.

Updated script is found in my signature.

Thanks twaydb for finding this bug! :thumbup

I never thought anyone was using this type of distribution. :P

Script now automatically removes The Weather Channel Desktop installer to prevent execution.

Updated script is found in my signature.

tx for the script CEoCEo -- it works great! :)

Hello,

The following three processes run in the backround after Nero installation:

NMBGMONITOR.EXE

NMINDEXSTORESVR.EXE

NMINDEXINGSERVICE.EXE

Is there a way to remove them, or not even install them? An unattended way, maybe using the AutoIT script? They are not really required, and they mostly waste resources.

Thanks

There’s always a way with AutoIt… :D

I believe all those files are related to Nero Home. Do they start even if you don’t install Nero Home?

Add these lines at the end of the script to delete them and they will hopefully never appear again.

; Remove Nero Home related files
FileDelete ( @CommonFilesDir & "\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe" )
FileDelete ( @CommonFilesDir & "\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe" )
FileDelete ( @CommonFilesDir & "\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" )

I don’t know if this is recommended for the regular user yet but if there is a demand for this feature I’ll add this one.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they start even if you don’t install Nero Home. I never install it.

The thing that troubles me is, what happens when auto it tries to delete these files and they are in use? Will it succeed?

As soon as I try it I'll let you know.