How to unattend Windows Media Center?

You should see a COMPONENTS (or is it CMPNTS?) folder on CD2. Copy the contents of CD1 to your hard disk and copy the COMPONENTS folder to the same folder. You can delete the Tablet CAB file to save space. Now burn this to a CD/DVD and you should no longer be prompted for CD2.

@idbirch2,

1st thanks for ur reply

You should see a COMPONENTS (or is it CMPNTS?) folder on CD2. Copy the contents of CD1 to your hard disk and copy the COMPONENTS folder to the same folder. You can delete the Tablet CAB file to save space. Now burn this to a CD/DVD and you should no longer be prompted for CD2.
u get me worng man :blink:

wat i mean is i wanna to add my programs and my drivers to my windows (MCE) and i add some of then to 1st CD and i wanna to add my remain programs in 2nd CD

The problem is :Are windows will call the 2nd CD to setup my programs in the same time it call it to complete Windows setup ?!!

I think i need to edit txtsetup.sif , layout.inf and dosnet.inf to make windows setup my programs while it setup Media Center components.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@totalpc,

1st thanks for ur reply

Fogalmamsincs.

De próbáld meg egybemásolni a 2CD-t.

I don't understand anything... :no::no:

Plz type in English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Xtemee

That sounds completely impossible to me. You can't have half your unattended apps on 1 disc and the other half on another. You should combine the components folder to make the MCE install 1 disc and if you really have to use a 2nd disc there is a disc swapping program available here on the MSFN forums.

Its very easy to shrink MCE down to almost the same size as standard XP, just combine the 2 MCE discs and treat the rest of the project as a standard XP Ua disc.

You should really consider using a DVD instead of swapping discs.

That sounds completely impossible to me.  You can't have half your unattended apps on 1 disc and the other half on another.  You should combine the components folder to make the MCE install 1 disc and if you really have to use a 2nd disc there is a disc swapping program available here on the MSFN forums. 

Its very easy to shrink MCE down to almost the same size as standard XP, just combine the 2 MCE discs and treat the rest of the project as a standard XP Ua disc.

You should really consider using a DVD instead of swapping discs.

There is a CD switching utility in the sticky section of this part of the form that is made for just that kind of thing so you can have it ask for cd2 and then cd3 or whatever you need just give that a look.

use Nlite to fit the 2 CDs in only 1 CDR

sounds good..but how?

If we are still specifically talking about Media Center there really isn't any need to be messing about with 3rd party apps like nLite, you're just making things more complicated than they have to be. All you have to do is copy 1 folder from CD2 to the root of your CD1 :}

@idbirch2,

1st thanks for ur reply :hello:

That sounds completely impossible to me. You can't have half your unattended apps on 1 disc and the other half on another. You should combine the components folder to make the MCE install 1 disc and if you really have to use a 2nd disc there is a disc swapping program available here on the MSFN forums.

If we are still specifically talking about Media Center there really isn't any need to be messing about with 3rd party apps like nLite, you're just making things more complicated than they have to be. All you have to do is copy 1 folder from CD2 to the root of your CD1

Nothing impossible. :no:

My idea is put my drivers defimnations and windows update in 1st CD that will come it to full then put my app in the 2nd CD and edit txtsetup.sif ,layout.inf and dosnet.inf to call WPI while it copying the MC component.

FYI:if u open dosnet.inf u will find the name of files, folders and cab which setup get them form 2nd CD

You should really consider using a DVD instead of swapping discs
If i have one !

Thanks again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Wesmosis,

use Nlite to fit the 2 CDs in only 1 CDR

As muiz say

sounds good..but how?
also i don't wanna to put 2nd CD in only 1 CD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@kelsenellenelvian,

There is a CD switching utility in the sticky section of this part of the form that is made for just that kind of thing so you can have it ask for cd2 and then cd3 or whatever you need just give that a look

i think it will be good but i wanna to use Microsoft Method

--i think i can use this utility to make 1st cd call the 2nd one and add my app to the 2nd one

But the prob is Windows setup will call the 2nd cd-->How i can disable this ?

Thanks again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Xtremee