there is no winPE x64? :(

TalRasha007

Actually WinPE nowdays should be availible as a product so I would say call your nearest MS office and ask them.

Earlier you had three ways to get it, Be an OEM, have a valid SA agremment or hire MS consulting to do something that includes PE

PE will not be avaliable to the public because of the Hole it pokes in Security. I think that is one of the biggest problems that Microsoft had with Barts. The other problem is the total misuse of the product. PE is a tool not an OS.

Rumor has it... that they are working on a version that will keep the NTFS security if it exists.

Chris

Chris

I agree on the os point.

Then it comes to security I don't.

If you can get physical access to a system you own it since you can do the same with any linux cd or ntfsdos.

This will probly fix itself then winfs becomes standard but until then efs is the easy way to keep data secure

1: There is a way to build 64-bit support for X64 - you need a copy of XP or Server 2003 for 64-bit extended, and the build tools that shipped simultaneously with Windows Server 2003 SP1. That's the first version that could build an X64 version.

2: WinPE licensing hasn't changed - it isn't a product. It's still only licensed to ISV's, OEM's by way of the OPK, enterprises/schools/gov't by way of Software Assurance. A MS field office can't help you acquire it.

3: Access to systems isn't the reason why WinPE is licensed the way it is - it has nothing to do with security. WinPE gets you nothing more than a side-by-side installation of Windows would, or even Linux with a good NTFS driver. Physical security = compromise. EFS data isn't readable from within WinPE, as noted.