Unattended WindowsXP 64bit edition

Hello ;)

Ive been trying to get an unattended XP64 cd, (ive made alot of 32bit versions) that worked just fine.

But with the 64bit, its gives this error right before the pc must reboot, still in textmode part of the setup.

"Setup can't load the settings" (or something like that)

What i suspect is that it can't load my winnt.sif and winnt.bat.

Ive putted these files in the i386 folder.

I suspect it needs to go in the AMD64 folder but i am not sure about this, so can anyone confirm this so i don't f*** up an other cd for nothing..

And no, you try finding a virtualPC that support windowsXP 64bit ;)

I've had this problem when using nLite on my x64 version. Are you using nLite?

And you can try the VMWare 5.5 Beta for x64 support.

BTW: If you are using nLite, I only get this problem when doing anything except integrating hotfixes. I can't integrate drivers, add tweaks, or remove components.

Edited by Screwz Luse

I suspect it needs to go in the AMD64 folder but i am not sure about this, so can anyone confirm this so i don't f*** up an other cd for nothing..

Yes, they need to go in the AMD64 folder. You don't need the winnt.bat file

when installing from cd.

If you still have problems, I've tested nLite multiple times using different combinations of nLitedness (heh), and the only nLite option that didn't give me the error you are describing is driver integration. When using tweaks and/or removing components and/or using patches, I recieved the error. Try starting over (keeping your winnt.sif file and $OEM$ directory) and only integrating hotfixes with nLite or just not using nLite at all... I know that's the reason I haven't formatted my PC, because I would like to do some component removal but can't as nLite makes my dvd cry. ;)

Edited by Screwz Luse