i forgot my bios password

drImax

hey all,

a real long time ago i put a bios password on my laptop.

its the bios password to get into the setup, not needed for regular boot.

So basically I need to know how I can reset it.

I tried all passowords I thought it could have been but nothing worked.

Please help me.

my laptop is a Compaq Presario 900

Also I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong Forum. I thought this would be under "Security".

-Dan

well if you are ok working with pc hardware you could take the case off find the little battery that keeps a charge going to your bios and remove it for a sec, with the main battery not in yout laptop or plugged into its ac adapter, and then put it back in that will reset it.

I would also recommend the same... removing the BIOS battery. However there are applications out there that can crate a boot disk to crack a BIOS password. I know these exist for Dell laptops especially as I've used one before. Try Google and if all else fails pull that battery. Good luck.

Well, removing battery can be dangerous, battery may leak if unproperly taken off, you can esaily break plastic that battery is kept in. I recommend clearing CMOS. Shorting two pins up 10 sec. will do it

Well, removing battery can be dangerous, battery may leak if unproperly taken off, you can esaily break plastic that battery is kept in. I recommend clearing CMOS. Shorting two pins up 10 sec. will do it

What ?!... Are you living in the 80's... Modern PC's and/or Laptops mostly have C sized batteries which are hard-cased... Ye olde 386's had black plastic casings which leaked...

Also you can try with Cmos password recovery tools 4.6:

CmosPwd decrypts password stored in cmos used to access BIOS SETUP.

Works with the following BIOSes:

- ACER/IBM BIOS

- AMI BIOS

- AMI WinBIOS 2.5

- Award 4.5x/4.6x/6.0

- Compaq (1992)

- Compaq (New version)

- IBM (PS/2, Activa, Thinkpad)

- Packard Bell

- Phoenix 1.00.09.AC0 (1994), a486 1.03, 1.04, 1.10 A03, 4.05 rev 1.02.943, 4.06 rev 1.13.1107

- Phoenix 4 release 6 (User)

- Gateway Solo - Phoenix 4.0 release 6

- Toshiba

- Zenith AMI

With CmosPwd, you can backup, restore and kill cmos

NB: AWARD 4.50 have a backdoor, a generic password : AWARD_SW (d8on for one of the short version)

SOYO motherboard have "SY_MB" as master password for Award 4.51.

CmosPwd give equivalent passwords for Award BIOS, not original one.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/cmospwd.html

Edited by Fox Mulder

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys!!

I am using winxp,It's been fast and working perfectly.I setup Administrator password 1month before because every one open my system.But now i want to remove this password Any one please help me how to remove this Administrator password.

anyone have any ideas?

thank you.

Without Recovery method any another method

i made a small program in pascal

maybe 10..12 years ago

simply write all locations in cmos

(where is stored the password)

with 0 value .

1 single condition : you must can boot any OS , because its an exe file .

never tried on a laptop.

normally after run of this program

on a desktop, because of bad checksum

the bios invite you : "Press F1 or F2...bla bla "

i can post it .

maybe i can recover in my archieves the source.

but is pascal .

Hi syedali!

Change your Administrator password to blank! :whistle: (i mean leave it blank)

If you don't remember your current Administrator password check this out http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html#pspr(this is if your asking for win xp Administrator password. First is for both passwords bios and winxp)

Edited by Mercury_22

Hi syedali!

Change your Administrator password to blank! :whistle: (i mean leave it blank)

If you don't remember your current Administrator password check this out http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html#pspr(this is if your asking for win xp Administrator password. First is for both passwords bios and winxp)

I forgetted Administrator password.Didn't opening winxp professional.So many backup in c drive.

Any idea!

• 2 months later...
What ?!... Are you living in the 80's... Modern PC's and/or Laptops mostly have C sized batteries which are hard-cased... Ye olde 386's had black plastic casings which leaked...

Are you on crack? I've had a dozen or so computers in the last 24 years and worked on hundreds of others. None have had a battery that large. Most systems from the 80's had a lithium battery about 3/4 inch diameter and a bit longer with a (usually)blue plastic heatshrink over it, and soldered to the motherboard. Sometimes they did leak but that was most likely caused by power surges since surge protectors for home use weren't in mainstream use yet. Some boards even had 2 pins next to the battery and came with a battery holder for 4 AA batteries so when the onboard battery finally failed, you could plug in the holder and keep the settings in the bios. I can't say what sort of bios battery laptops have, since I've never owned one.

Modern mobos use a user-replaceable standard watch battery, a CR2032 to be exact.

Edited by SyntaxError