Which Home ver doesn't need activation ?

Nepali

i also have seen a copy of xp home vlk, not tryed installing it tho

Really? I would love to know how you got a hold of that...I've never seen a Corp/VLK copy of Home. Of course, it may just be because almost no business would buy Home in such large copies...but I guess there are a few. More info please!

Nope... this is crap. There is no VLK for Windows XP Home Edition. Period.

Volume Licence Keys are meant for large corporations who need to install Windows on hundreds of computers. When the VLK is used, that copy of Windows does not need to be activated (something that would take hours to do on that many computers). When dealing with that many computers, the extra features of XP Professional are almost necessary for system administrators to do their job. The company will typically save more money by purchasing a VLK for their computers than having the Admin set up all the XP Home computers with equivalent software.

Screen shots are useless...pictures of the VLK detailing that it applies to Home is what we need to verify. Most people who have Home Corp really have a hacked version of Home that removes the need to activate, so you too may have that kind.

A list of the cd's files might be helpful too...

One detail in this picture gives it away, can you spot it.

EDIT:

Sorry people.

It seems the moderators of this board consider that anything they

don't believe to exist to be warez.

Thats twice now I've posted that desktop & twice I've been warned.

It had the classic start menu showing home, had the "windows has

already been activated" dialog, & showed the system properties

with the corp pid.

Man , this place is run by the gestapo. :wacko:

Edited by K e n

I work in a computer shop, and I've noticed that most DELL XP Home cd's are now coming pre-activated. I believe that DELL is using a VLK license on these copies of windows, and the DELL XP CDkeys on the side of the machine are created by using the hash of the original VLK cdkey. DELL probably has several million, if not billion cdkeys based off of their VLK license with Microsoft.

Home isn't offered in an way that doesn't require activation.

I thought so too. However this is not correct. In fact there IS a VLK version of Windows XP Home, and it does NOT require activation.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=312

Windows XP Home (SP1a) VLK/Corporate/Volume - X1AHVOL_EN

and here

http://www.magiciso.com/FAQ/FAQ0004.htm

English Windows XP Home (SP2) VLK/Corporate/Volume VRMHVOL_EN

Regards,

'nuff

Edited by enuffsaid

i heard it was some sort of MSDN release, but i am prolly wrong.

also if you want to see the cd it was off it was on the forum somewhere i think it was something to do with finding out what each os is without installing on the multiboot forum i think??

EDIT:http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=47695&hl=find is the url for the post

the os is in wxhvol and boot files in volh

Edited by thegafferazzasatz

See that's the thing...as much as I understand that there are lists that have Home VLK included, and someone else says they have it...I really don't think it actually exists.

The list can be explained cause it just follows a formula...to make a complete list they may just have made sure to cover all the different flavors, even ones that don't exist.

And until I see a legit way of proving it, I'm gonna have to say it's a hack. I keep a close eye on the warez scene and it's releases, and I've never seen a Home Corp edition...I've seen Xn1's that have a hacked version of Home that makes it Corp, but not a stand-alone 100% original release.

So I say until someone shows us proof or a place to buy it, then it's all just rumors...

I work in a computer shop, and I've noticed that most DELL XP Home cd's are now coming pre-activated. I believe that DELL is using a VLK license on these copies of windows, and the DELL XP CDkeys on the side of the machine are created by using the hash of the original VLK cdkey. DELL probably has several million, if not billion cdkeys based off of their VLK license with Microsoft.

As for this, I don't think that's correct...they use several methods to accomplish this, but I don't believe that is one of them. A VLK is to be used in an environment where you own and control all the PC's. Large OEM's don't get VLK's to sell...they get them to use. Meaning, all of Dell's internal machines are most likely VLK's, but when they sell you a PC it's an OEM version.