Antispyware NOT updating

jakedsnake

I have just installed MS Antispyware and Zonelabs ZoneAlarm. When I try to update Antispyware I get the msg "could not connect to the internet".

I suspect that I need to set something in the Program Control section of AlarmZone but it does now show any access attempt from Antispyware. I have already checked for the Antispyware client UI has Access permission. Is there an updater process that needs permission ? why has it not shown as trying to acces the internet.

I have a slow dial-up connection but it is surely connected....I am here am I not :(

Jake D Snake, Hello, Nice to meet someone else from the WWE.

Anyways, now to your question.

Open ZoneAlarm. Go to the PROGRAM CONTROL tab and click the MAIN option. Set the PROGRAM CONTROL Option to MEDIUM. Now, go to the PROGRAMS tab, select all the Programs, and press DELETE. The go to the COMPONENTS tab, Seclect All, and again Press Delete. This will allow ZoneAlarm to AGAIN ask you to Allow, or Dissallow any programs that will try to access the Internet. if you wish not to delete all the softwares, select the MSAntiSpyware thing and delete it only but i highly doubt that you know all the Components of the software to be Deleted.

Restart Computer.

Connect to the Internet.

Try Updating, remembring to ALLOW the MSAntiSpyware.

If this again does not Update, Uninstall and reinstall the MSAntiSpyware. and again try.

If still this doesnt help, maybe the MSAntiSpyware update server is busy, SO GO PREACH 3:16 TO STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN :lol: IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING.

Hope this helps.

The Rock