NO authority could be contacted for authentication

rakem

Ok im having some strange problems trying to access the users located on a windows 2003 server from a windows 2000 server.

The situation is this, I have multiple domains, all DC's are running windows server 2003 standard, most other servers are also 2003 and i have two windows 2000 servers. Connectivity between all servers and domains is fine, i can browse them in network places to access files, ping by name and by domain name, the 2003 dc's are all set as windows 2000 native mode and all the appropriate trusts are in place.

So when i share a folder on any of the windows 2000 servers which are both in domain A, i need to give users in domain B permission to access them, so i click on the "look in" section and click on domain B and get the error:

"Could not display objects from this location because of the following error: NO authority could be contacted for authentication"

This only happens on windows the two windows 2000 servers and only for this one particular domain, i can get a list of the users in all other domains which have basically the same setup as the one that isnt working.

so anyone got some ideas for this??

Microsoft has 6 methods for fixing this type of error

1. Method 1: Fix Domain Name System (DNS) errors.

2. Method 2: Synchronize the time between computers.

3. Method 3: Check the Access this computer from the network user rights.

4. Method 4: Verify that the domain controller's userAccountControl attribute is 532480.

5. Method 5: Fix the Kerberos realm (confirm that the PolAcDmN registry key and the PolPrDmN registry key match).

6. Method 6: Reset the machine account password, and then obtain a new Kerberos ticket.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837513

lemme know what you find with these

thanks but i already fixed it by sharing the folder on the windows 2000 server, then logged on to a different DC and set the secuirty from there, then when i went back to the windows 2000 server the user in domain B that wernt showing up were there! haha weird fix but it worked and has continued to work so thats all good..

thanks again