Outlook Contacts Configuration

MrGuy

Hi,

Recently upgraded a user from officeXP to Office 2003 Small Business Edition. I set up her data file (outlook.pst) in Outlook and everything seemed fine until I tried to access contacts using the "To" button in the compose new mail interface. When I select "To" the dialog box comes up, I can "show names from" "address book" or"contacts" but my names do not appear. In office XP I could fix this problem by right clicking on the contacts icon to get to properties and by creating a new contacts heading. Well I can't figure out how to configure it in this version. Basically the contacts are there but when you try and access them in the compose interface they won't appear in select names dialog box.

I'd appreciate any assistance you could offer.

MrGuy

I'm guessing this might solve your problem

Get into folder view (Ctrl + 6)

Right click on the contacts folder and choose properties

Click on outlook adress book

Put a tick in the box that says 'Show this folder as an email address book'

Click on OK

See if it helps :hello:

...Spence

Also you might want to try and see if the contacts from the address book were imported. The contacts are stored differently in Office Xp then in Office 2003 Small Business. Open the address book from Start>All Programs>Accessories and import her old address book into that. Then when you go into Office 2003 browse for the address book file and import it.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it's late and mu head hurts from programming. lol.

Hope that helps some too.

Hatefulsorrow

• 4 weeks later...

The reply of s93ncer was very good. However if the 'Show this folder as an email address book' is grayed out, then you might need to take additional steps.

- Tools > E-mail accounts > Add additional address book > Add additional address book > Outlook Address Book. Say finish and restart Outlook. Then you might be able to make contacts visible.