iTunes 5, Localized with no quicktime...

seapagan

Maybe at MegaUpload?
Uploading the 7z to megaupload now, will update this post and the first post when it's complete.

@rikgale: I still see your old avatar, even after refreshing. Guess it's the old squid proxy screwing with me again.

Edit : Uploaded 7z, see first post for link

SP

Edited by seapagan

LMAO!!! The avatar just looked like the meanest thing on the site, so I picked it (kinda goes with my name, plus Im an a** anyways)...As for the sig, its from a song called Manikin by Twiztid...pretty tight song if you ask me. But it is pretty true.

Edited by evilvoice

my guess is that it's for Arizona or Arkansas. but of course, i thought his avatar was from the last Matrix movie.

thanks, guys, for your work. amazing!

Have you tried the iTunes 6.0 silent installer?? I could do with some feed back as I never tested it :blushing: Probably bad of me, but I did the same as I've done with all the others so I can see why it wont work.

What does the "ALLUSERS=1" switch do ?

And are they any other switches that can be used ?

Thanks

ALLUSERS=1 just means to install the software for every user on the computer, not just the current user.

I used to use a few more switches for the 4.9 version, but not tested on 6 :

SILENT_INSTALL=1 - Pretty obvious;P
INSTALL_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=1 - put a desktop stortcut to iTunes
ASSUME_QT_DEFAULTS=0 - Dont use QT as default
ASSUME_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=0 - Dont use itunes as default media player.

Setting the 1 to 0 or vice versa inverts the meaning.

SP

Do we need to uninstall itunes 5 before installing 6, or will it uninstall it for us? thanks!

Edit: I didn't notice rikgale's post before submitting this, so i went ahead and installed it over 5.0. During installation, the command window opened for C:\windows32\command.exe (or something like that). Here was the error message it gave:

C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFCA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS38.tmp>cmdow @ /HID

'cmdow' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Then, it just installed with no action on my part (nice). However, my songs sound like they 're compressed or run fast or something, so something didn't work. Could be just me...isn't that the way it always is?? ha. :wacko::wacko:

Edited by jeffc4442