iTunes 5, Localized with no quicktime...

seapagan

thanks SEAPAGAN
Wait until I've done it first, but you're welcome :lol:

One thing worth noting is that this requires QT ver 7.0.3 - I'll check to see if QT Alt supports this. Got it down to roughly the same size as I had ver 5.01, still got to track down the annoying attempt to install QT and it's done.

I'll probably get it finished in a few hours when I get off shift. May throw in a localized ver of QT 7.03 a bit later as a bonus for those who dont like QT-alt :D

Edit : Seems that QT-Alt 1.62 (the latest I can find) only has QT 7.0.2 :(. Guess we have to use the official version until the Alt gets updated.

SP

Edited by seapagan

I'll try and knock out a silent installer if I can find 5 mins 2morw evening, if the files are done by then. Apple/iTunes seem to be stay one step ahead of K-lite mega codec, with regards to the QT alt codec.

I did just notice that a video ipod has been released, so that might explain the v6. Enjoy your shift.

Update:

This may take a while :(

I have a version without QT7, localized for english that sits at about 7.5Mb under 7z.

Only problem is that they have been a bit more sneaky with the QT install part, and I'm having a hard time to bypass it. So, if you have QT 7.0.3 installed it will install fine, but any lesser value and you will get an error. I think the logic is buried in the compiled script file, which is a <sweary word> to get at.

Since you need the latest QT to use this, is it worth me posting this version? Maybe I'll wait until the QT-alt is updated.

@Menedas:

I am not 100% sure, but I guess the new iPod will only support the QT range of video files, apple always seems pretty propriety to me. I hope I'm wrong though! Certainly iTunes installs no codecs or support files for any other format, and I bet you will only get QT-compatible files from the iTunes online store.

And agreed - the iPod is WAY overdue for an 80Gb version! :}

Maybe I'll have better luck after a snooze :D

SP.

So, if you have QT 7.0.3 installed it will install fine, but any lesser value and you will get an error.

Grrr....... lets hope K-lite Mega codec pack has 7.0.3, althought I am quite happy with iTunes 5.0.1 atm. All the best with getting that sweary script thingy to work.

Any chance we could have a mirror that isn't hosted on Rapidshare? I have problems downloading from that site. Otherwise thanks for the new version.
Can anyone recommend an alternative for rapidshare then? Last time I hosted the file it used a months bandwidth in a few days, lol

SP

I'll do my usual thing, if ppl still want silent installers??? Yay or nay would be good pls., althought I guessing there will be lots of yays as just look at rapid share and it has been d/led 81 times :)

Hope ur all well?

I'm fishing for opinions on my new avatar, what do you think?

I bet there's a new version out within a week, look here